Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

19 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Had never had any issues up till now. Pretty sure they're just betting on most people not wanting to bother changing and paying up instead.

They can go F*** themselves. I'm changing 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

here we go, https://techcrunch.com/2015/02/09/previously-24-a-year-imgur-pro-is-now-free/

" Pro users were able to host images up to 10MB in filesize before Imgur would compress them down to something more manageable; free users, meanwhile, were capped at 5MB. Now everyone is capped at 5MB. (The exception here is animated GIFs; those can be up to 200MB.) "

7 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Safe for pics taken on potatoes then. Problem solved.

Disregard what I just said, hehe. me just being stupid. 

Took the RA into work today. Love driving this thing. Feels a little different driving round with a smaller turbo (I know it usually goes the other way round).

Its nice to have boost a bit sooner and a bit more usable on the street without getting into too much trouble. The TD05 is a great turbo but enjoying less lag and sooner boost with the VF8. It also sounds a little different with the new turbo, well at least I think it does. Crackles a bit when down shifting.

• Like 2

• Admin

Wiped all the mould off the interior and left it to air out. Gazed at the engine bay for a while. Lightly fondled the new turbo.

Someone buy my twisted setup so I can get on with building this sucker!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Damn thats rough, take it you managed to get alot of the decent parts of it? Any plans for a replacement?

Haven't decided yet to be honest. @Kiwiflyboy looked at a DIT Legacy for me in Chch and we're not overly impressed, especially if you take the asking price into consideration and features offered. 

I almost feel like going euro this time, you get much more bang for your buck within the price range I'm aiming for. Sorry, Subaru... 

• Like 3

• Admin

Had temporarily forgotten why I don't bother posting on facebook for sale posts.

God some muppets are dense. Constantly repeating the same S*** without ever giving any real info on a situation that should, and probably does work if they knew what they were doing doesn't make them right. 

Felt sorry for the guy at first but F*** what a twat. People never want help, they just wanna keep thinking they're right and get what they think they deserve by making the most noise...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Awww that's painful seeing that :(

Did the other driver get held liable in the end?

He still thinks that wasn't his fault, unlike everyone else including the police and both insurance companies.

Going to court next Friday, charged with careless (or dangerous don't remember) driving causing injury, won't be surprised if he pleads not guilty.

Over the course of the weekend I changed the o2 sensor for a known good one, reflashed one of my more agressive maps on to the car and drove some 1200kms. 

Plenty of time to tinker with the boost controller too.

Turns out I can induce compressor surge in 4th gear at 3000rpm, and see 20psi. 

Also, got it spooling a lot better. Christ it hauls arse now, can break traction while rolling in 2nd gear as boost comes on in the wet. 

Very happy. But sheiit its thirsty 

• Like 3

• Admin
On 7/07/2017 at 3:06 PM, sobanoodle said:

He still thinks that wasn't his fault, unlike everyone else including the police and both insurance companies.

Going to court next Friday, charged with careless (or dangerous don't remember) driving causing injury, won't be surprised if he pleads not guilty.

Glad to see its more than a simple failing to give way charge or something petty.
ClubSub meet at the court hearing? :P

Glad to know that insurance etc are on your side. Makes the unfortunate process a lot easier.

• Like 1