Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Just now, Andy_Mac said:

Not to mention without out some form of sealant they’ll cloud up even quicker and probably worse than they were before you started

yeah thats why I never done it yet coz I didnt know what sealant to use... Never thought of Clearcoat

What i do with mine is put toothpaste on them, get a scotch pad and scrub it. Let it sit, then hose off. Scrub with water and toothpaste again.
Then use waterless wash & wax. Comes up really good.

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

autosol and a buffer pad also works wonders.

straight criss cross lines when sanding, no swirling motion, start at like, 240 and work your way up to 2000 grit, keep it REALLY wet (wet sponge dribbling water while sanding works well)

then clear coat of some sort.

or just use autosol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

autosol and a buffer pad also works wonders.

straight criss cross lines when sanding, no swirling motion, start at like, 240 and work your way up to 2000 grit, keep it REALLY wet (wet sponge dribbling water while sanding works well)

then clear coat of some sort.

or just use autosol.

+1 ^ Yep, a buffer, cutting compound and headlight sealer is what I did. 

I was tired of looking at my misaligned bumper but since it was off I decided to freshen the headlights up a bit as well. Came out quite well. I did not expect to do this and wanted to tint my front headlights as well so it does not fog up in the future but oh well. 

iQ9pfQb.jpg

b7NaXRd.jpg

8NSUeX1.jpg

• Like 1

So new wheels happened on Friday. I really like the look of these ones. Will post pics when ive cleaned them up. I need centre caps too.

New double din headunit installed and made a new shift boot. Installed blitz boost gauge also.

Had to call it quits as i have a kidney stone so pain kicked in.

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Admin

Worked on the car over the weekend.
Thanks to @Zenki the rear guards are now rolled.
Replaced brake/tail, reverse, park, and puddle lights with LEDs. Had already replaced boot, interior and plate lights.

Half installed a hardwiring kit for my radar, power from the centre console 12V accessory and grounded via a chassis bolt (tested both using a multi-meter). Need to route the cable from the controller unit to the radar through the dash at some point but it's tidier than the cigarette adapter with the coiled cable and frees up the cig lighter port for my phone charger.

Fuel pump aquired, paid the $15 extra for e85 version 'just in case'. geez look how tiny that fuel sock is! Couldn't find oem sock to order in advance, I do hope the one currently in my tank is still a good condition oem one!

Off to drop off at ajays tomorrow 

wX3QRC4.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Subru said:

Yeah :) 

I wanna get rid of the amber lights on the fenders, whats the options for that? 

Also wanna sort out my Sti light covers...

You could just tint them black? Or get clear lenses? Taking them out completely would cost quite abit if you wanna do it properly

1 hour ago, Subru said:

Yeah :) 

I wanna get rid of the amber lights on the fenders, whats the options for that? 

Also wanna sort out my Sti light covers...

I just painted the diamond reflector bits gloss black and picked up some oem clear indicators to replace the orange ones.

Looks ok. Better than orange anyway.

gbHbhUi.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inked said:

What about getting the carbon blank plates off ebay? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Side-Repeaters-Indicator-Cover-For-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-02-03Bugeye-JDM/201714479497?hash=item2ef71eb189:g:SsIAAOSwRqxZ3xPb&vxp=mtr

?

1 minute ago, IZichard said:

I just painted the diamond reflector bits gloss black and picked up some oem clear indicators to replace the orange ones.

Looks ok. Better than orange anyway.

Yes thats the look I wanna go for.