Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

21,410 posts in this topic

Sold the daily to buy single turbo bits

ffuuuuuuuu 

iXJoU0A.jpg

3 people like this

Wrapped the stereo trims from the legacy. Thought I'd better throw it a bone recently, it's been neglected for a couple weeks. Ty Auckland fuel prices! Also, got a new daily... be70b5ce77c75344e510d6ab86e73e53.jpge16e7c8b8b9081fdde02ddf5d1dfdab4.jpg1fdef6b715a250a93093de523e21ca00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, ilikethetuna said:

Wrapped the stereo trims from the legacy. Thought I'd better throw it a bone recently, it's been neglected for a couple weeks. Ty Auckland fuel prices! Also, got a new daily...

Good job on those.

Wish it wasn’t a matter of semi destroying the door cards to get them seperated to wrap the silver piece in them. Not doing the whole lot would bug me. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, ADIKT said:

ffuuuuuuuu 

iXJoU0A.jpg

know them feels
1 like = 1 prayer xD

3 people like this

Good job on those.
Wish it wasn’t a matter of semi destroying the door cards to get them seperated to wrap the silver piece in them. Not doing the whole lot would bug me. 
Oh really?! That was my next project haha bugger. May have to wrap them on the door itself then. I'll post here if I'm successful....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ilikethetuna said:

Oh really?! That was my next project haha bugger. May have to wrap them on the door itself then. I'll post here if I'm successful....

People have done it. The segments just have those melted plastic sorta rivets so just need to have a plan for re-securing it later

People have done it. The segments just have those melted plastic sorta rivets so just need to have a plan for re-securing it later
Hot glue to re fix them in place potentially? I'll try it at some point, maybe from a wrecker instead. Anyway, reinstalled the trim peices and it looks slick! Super stoked.

be727e8b61aa6f68586c1baa9b2a4dda.jpg081bbabbb80a5df1b5f99e4d35738621.jpg

1 person likes this

Can’t see hot glue doing the trick long term. Some kind of plastic glue, epoxy two part resin or PVC cement, would want to check the plastic type before using that though. 

Not so easily removable if you change your mind though I guess

1 person likes this

Fitted a Hardrace mount set. Massive improvement,

2 people like this

Similarly I fitted some KEIN mounts recently along with some solid spacers to replace crossmember bushes. 

Greatly improved shifting... it turns out some muppet used a standard impreza or legacy mount

for the transmission... soft enough to bend with one hand. Anyway, the car is hellish loud now,

but nothing some earplugs won't fix... the vibration is nothing to worry about.

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Loren said:

Similarly I fitted some KEIN mounts recently along with some solid spacers to replace crossmember bushes. 

Greatly improved shifting... it turns out some muppet used a standard impreza or legacy mount

for the transmission... soft enough to bend with one hand. Anyway, the car is hellish loud now,

but nothing some earplugs won't fix... the vibration is nothing to worry about.

So you wouldn’t recommend anyone use those mounts for a car that requires some civility to remain?

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

So you wouldn’t recommend anyone use those mounts for a car that requires some civility to remain?

The major noise I suspect is due to using solid bushes in the crossmember... the crossmember bushes are actually quite soft

usually and so even with a hard transmission mount, there would be quite a bit of dampening.

Edited by Loren
1 person likes this

first 'mod' on this car :)

1nH3Inh.jpg

2HKavV5.jpg

1 person likes this

New pitch stop mount is in. Has made a hell of alot of difference, with zero harshness thanks to it having hardened rubber bushes rather than the usual poly. 

No more repeated rocking when coming on/off throttle at low revs is a massive bonus. Turns out the original was in pretty bad shape, the small side bush was flopping around all over the place.

43911680272_3a695568b9_b.jpg

43911680162_b6e4089912_b.jpg

3 people like this

Replaced serpentine belt, idler pulley and tensioner. Took me maybe half an hour working in the dark.

With that said it took me another half an hour to remove and reinstall the damned battery...

1 person likes this

Finally managed to get my 5 metre land yacht out of Auckland and sailed down to Karangahake gorge yesterday. Such an awesome cruiser and averaged only 5.5L/100km, hapi daze! 9_9

3 people like this

Today I cleaned up the headlights on the wagon and sealed them so hopefully it actually lasts a while before going yellow again. It was really hard to photograph with the cloud and reflections.

abUDhB1.jpg?1

4 people like this

New pitch stop mount is in. Has made a hell of alot of difference, with zero harshness thanks to it having hardened rubber bushes rather than the usual poly. 
No more repeated rocking when coming on/off throttle at low revs is a massive bonus. Turns out the original was in pretty bad shape, the small side bush was flopping around all over the place.

43911680272_3a695568b9_b.jpg  
43911680162_b6e4089912_b.jpg  
That looks great! What brand and where did you source it from?

22 minutes ago, ilikethetuna said:

That looks great! What brand and where did you source it from?

Hardrace from Redline. The only one I could find that didn’t use poly bushes

2 people like this

I said fk it and bought a running WRX motor off my friend with new cambelt, tensioners and waterpump for $500.

I'm going to slap it into the RA, shove as much e85 down its throat as I can and give it full send. I'm tired of not having a running RA.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

9 people like this

Finally got around to installing my new rear sway bar links all ready for a cert tomorrow. Went over and under my car to just do a self check and it looks all okay. hopefully she passes!

Excuse the mud...Had fun im my mates paddock

WDzfrvU.jpg

1 person likes this

Tried for the third time to get the before/after Dyno sheet for a dyno tune I had done two weeks ago. Tuner is no longer even replying.

18 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

Tried for the third time to get the before/after Dyno sheet for a dyno tune I had done two weeks ago. Tuner is no longer even replying.

Do you have the after dyno sheet at least? Who is the tuner?

Edited by Loren