• Current Donation Goals

Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

21,921 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Could also save yourself a bunch of money and do the hogzaust mod, or even just have the mufflers cut out and replaced with straight pipe and keep the stock tips.

If I ever went to duals i’d track down a set of Prova Fujitsubo ones, much more understated than other options out there. Think @sobanoodle had a set at one point.

That was my original idea to cut and straight pipe it but i dont want it to be to loud....

18 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

That was my original idea to cut and straight pipe it but i dont want it to be to loud....

some would say the hogzaust mod is a pretty good representation of how it’ll sound with muffler deletes, worth a try

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

some would say the hogzaust mod is a pretty good representation of how it’ll sound with muffler deletes, worth a try

Or just wait for delivery from TCP auto :D Thanks Andy! Tony responded super quick and he has a quad tip set !

Waiting on what delivery will cost before confirming

Edited by HannesNel
2 people like this

Any side effects doing the hogzaust?

Other than It's janky af?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

If I ever went to duals i’d track down a set of Prova Fujitsubo ones, much more understated than other options out there. Think @sobanoodle had a set at one point.

I did indeed. Super subtle.

And super rare.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, iludez said:
22 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Not really besides it sounding rude on some cars. Sounds a lot better with UEL setups for sure. 

Virtually zero cost and very little time required so not an issue when you decide you hate it

37 minutes ago, iludez said:
41 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Sounded like total ass on my car lol. Reverted back to stock pretty quickly.
Might hit up @Subirex Automotive to see if he can make me an axle back setup. I was considering importing a set from overseas but it ends up being quite pricey.

Posted (edited)

oh bollocks....shipping is quite hectic and then still import taxes. Does anyone have an idea what kind of import tax I will be looking at for roughly $900 value?

Edited by HannesNel

12 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

oh bollocks....shipping is quite hectic and then still import taxes. Does anyone have an idea what kind of import tax I will be looking at for roughly $900 value?

https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal/duty-and-gst/whats-my-duty-estimator/

You don't have to pay duties on motor vehicle parts, just GST and customs fees.

2 people like this

Was that price for the mid and mufflers or just mufflers?

Can confirm. Have done hogzaust. Janky af but also hektik af. Do it to see if you like it then realise it sounds like S*** and go back to stock :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

thanks guys :(

$189.99 to pay according to the link provided by @1randomkiwi and @preim 

So with shipping, it basically doubles the price of the mid+mufflers  @Andy_Mac

Going to research for other solutions locally for a bit first 

Edited by HannesNel

At that price it's getting very close to the Q300. Not sure which I like better really...

19 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

At that price it's getting very close to the Q300. Not sure which I like better really...

yip, but budget cant stretch that high...$500 maybe $600 for now :( 

1 hour ago, ilikethetuna said:

Can confirm. Have done hogzaust. Janky af but also hektik af. Do it to see if you like it then realise it sounds like S*** and go back to stock :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This has also been my theory with exhausts. I would always be wondering what it sounds like at its loudest, start with nothing and you can always add resonators/mufflers :D

1 person likes this

First wash of the new year! I'm surprised how good the carbon hood scoop looks considering it was a US$200 gamble on Amazon with free courier shipping from Taiwan. It's hard to see from the photos, but the depth of the carbon fibre in the sunlight looks amazing.

7exSBNF.jpg 

K6qVEgS.jpg

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Washed, rewashed, polished and waxed the car this weekend.

Also took off the AWD sticker on the back window as it was faded and dull.

Also removed the legacy badge as I have done with all my cars

265576c2-e770-4063-ac00-1e8f7b6c0a77-ori

Edited by HannesNel
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Gents, my exterior rubber seals and trims for doors,etc. are in bad condition. Are there generic rolls I can buy to replace all seals and trims?

When I redid my ford about 3 years ago one could buy these in rolls of 10-20meters. Any idea if this is available for 06 legacy's?

Edited by HannesNel
1 person likes this

"Competed" in round 2 of NZ superlap series this last weekend.

Practice on Friday started ok checking tune in first session. Second session on my first hot lap, grenaded 4th gear shifting 3-4 on the hairpin. Got a new box dropped off form auckland that afternoon, with the help of a couple of the guy ripped the old one out that afternoon and put the new one in in the morning.

Saturday: did a few sighting laps to test box is ok, was fine but had air line form BOV come off so no boost, did a 1:50 with a top speed of 172kph, instead of the normal high 190s. Second session was back to normal power and droppe dinto the 48s, but track conditions were pretty slippery. Ive done a 1:45.0 previously.

Sunday, first session didnt get a tidy lap in, dropped into the 47s but missed a few gearchanges. Second session was on a decent flying lap, then vented the block at around 160kph on the main straight after shiting into 5th.

RIP money after xmas.

4s2zwgky.k12.jpg
we31ze4r.uba.jpg
xbd2emfw.yt4.jpg

4 people like this

On 07/01/2019 at 9:36 AM, HannesNel said:

Gents, my exterior rubber seals and trims for doors,etc. are in bad condition. Are there generic rolls I can buy to replace all seals and trims?

When I redid my ford about 3 years ago one could buy these in rolls of 10-20meters. Any idea if this is available for 06 legacy's?

I don't think so - most of the seals are single-piece moulded items with all sorts of odd shapes and sticky-out bits.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:36 AM, HannesNel said:

My only advice with this is go to Subaru, and get the genuine stuff.

Gotta thank Subaru for doing frame-less windows...

On 1/8/2019 at 1:22 PM, AdamOst said:

Second session was on a decent flying lap, then vented the block at around 160kph on the main straight after shiting into 5th.

Yeah shiting into your gearbox is never going to be good.

2 people like this