Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

boon said:
Ross mate, I'd be spewing at whoever sold you the block, that's a long way from V7 STI spec...

Might as well check if you got the right crank in the bottom of it too.

Crank is good. I've been in touch with the engine builder and have some version 8 STI hypereutetic pistons and rings on the way to fix the mix up.

Got the custom dash made up, awesome bit of welding by engineer, car should be back Friday with full rewire and dash all back in and working as it should.

Rosssub said:
Crank is good. I've been in touch with the engine builder and have some version 8 STI hypereutetic pistons and rings on the way to fix the mix up.

Would be nice to have measured piston to bore clearnces but ohwell lol. Least that saves a flawed for strength motor before it got driven on. Hope u get it sorted man :).

marc said:
Would be nice to have measured piston to bore clearnces but ohwell lol. Least that saves a flawed for strength motor before it got driven on. Hope u get it sorted man :).

Thanks Marc. The EJ207 block's been bored 0.25 oversize, so assuming 0.25 oversized OEM Version 8 STI pistons should be a pretty close fit?

marc said:

Thanks Marc. The EJ207 blocks been bored 0.25 oversize, so guessing standard 0.25 oversized version 8 STI pistons should be pretty close?

Bore size doesn't change between V7 AND V8, just the V8 hypereuthectic have smaller PTW clearance.

Rosssub said:
Mines all sorted, yours was no slight hiccup though... Has yours got BE/BH heads stamped LHB and RHB?

LH & RH both had 'H20B' on them, one stamped 009, the other '001' I knew I had been bull****ted as soon as I saw the TT oil & water lines in the block, and then the RA block having no raised code on the face... I'll get pictures tomorrow.

Rosssub said:
Thanks Marc. The EJ207 blocks been bored 0.25 oversize, so guessing standard 0.25 oversized version 8 STI pistons should be pretty close?

Bore size doesn't change between V7 AND V8, just the V8 hypereuthectic have smaller PTW clearance.

Not all .25 over pistons are exactly the same size hence why when a block is bored the new pistons are numbered to the bores as the bores have been machied for that exact piston! Thats if your building a motor properly. Wont matter too much in somthing like yours. If you get a brand new set of 4 pistons it is quite common to have a little difference! wont go into detail but subaru has a similar process with their stock piston grading.

Cheers

Also .25 over stock ver 8 sti pistons would be rare as id like to see them :). lol. Just pointing out thing u may have/did miss to save u the headache later thats all.. ill gladly be quiet tho :)

marc said:
Not all .25 over pistons are exactly the same size hence why when a block is bored the new pistons are numbered to the bores as the bores have been machied for that exact piston! Thats if your building a motor properly. Wont matter too much in somthing like yours. If you get a brand new set of 4 pistons it is quite common to have a little difference! wont go into detail but subaru has a similar process with their stock piston grading.

Cheers

Just graded A size and B size aren't they? With corresponding marks on the block identifying each bore. Standard A and standard B, then 0.25 oversize A&B, then 0.5 oversize A&B.

A: 92.005 — 92.015 mm (3.6222 — 3.6226

in)

B: 91.995 — 92.005 mm (3.6218 — 3.6222

in)

Rosssub said:
Just graded A size and B size aren't they? With corresponding marks on the block identifying each bore. Standard A and standard B, then 0.25 oversize A&B, then 0.5 oversize A&B.

A: 92.005 92.015 mm (3.6222 3.6226

in)

B: 91.995 92.005 mm (3.6218 3.6222

in)

Meh! Your over thinking it bro, just slap it together she'll be right (Cough Cough)