Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Took the BL GT in for a service. Got some second-hand Zero Sports engine bay jewellery delivered, gave it a tidy/clean, and installed the Cool Action Intercooler Splitter (nice and easy). The last person who had it in their car had totally messed it up, and it would have been performing much worse than stock, so a good chunk of time was spent cleaning up the perished foam and crap all over it. I couldn't get the radiator shroud on as the screw holding the hood latch wouldn't budge, and started to look a bit chewed up. At least the shroud now looks nice and shiny on the garage floor. Maybe have another go at it later...

Finally organised to send my vf22 to Steve Murch

My list for him to do:

Billet front wheel

Ceramic Bearings

Remove internal actuator and weld flap closed

Blast compressor cover to remove red paint

Port match the ex housing to headers (headers have an up pipe ID of 42.7mm X2 - twin scroll) Ex housing is like 41.6mm

Once thats done I should almost be ready to chuck everything in and go for a tune!

ADIKT said:
Finally organised to send my vf22 to Steve Murch

My list for him to do:

Billet front wheel

Ceramic Bearings

Remove internal actuator and weld flap closed

Blast compressor cover to remove red paint

Port match the ex housing to headers (headers have an up pipe ID of 42.7mm X2 - twin scroll) Ex housing is like 41.6mm

Once thats done I should almost be ready to chuck everything in and go for a tune!

Mint keen to see how it all goes. You got a tuner sorted?

evowrx said:
Mint keen to see how it all goes. You got a tuner sorted?

Nope.... will oprganise that closer to the time haha. Will still be a few months off yet..

Still need to purchase:

3bar map sensor

Injectors + FPR (will change to parallel rails)

Phenolic spacers

Silicone tubing 4mm and 6mm BLACK

FMIC

38mm gate

TS headers

TS down pipe - will be using this and getting the rest of system custom made

TS ej20 dip stick

Oil catch

Link knock light

Heat wrap + beanie

So close!

Engine showed up today, Yaay!

10355877_1439017303039464_88906610231325

Close inspection tells me; I'm just going to swap my rocker covers over, easiest way to remove the extra AVCS lines , use my cam covers, gears etc. etc.

the fun starts tomorrow :D

I'll take pictures to document :D

Yeah; threading them and some grub screws with loctite. saving all the bits for later on, when I inevitably get a link. it's gonna happen, not sure when but it will happen.

If only the J2 had a secret switch for running AVCS :P

Got mine firing on all four with individual ignition rather than wasted spark. This is one of the steps that's been holding me back for the last few months (along with lots of minor wiring issues that "past Koom" had left as a present for me). So nice to hear it running again!

Also confirmed that the new muffler sounds good without being loud. Can't wait to hear it with some boost through the system!

Today I began my split fel rail mod, but silly me the other day bought 3/8" fuel hose, aand supercheap wont have any more 5/16" til wednesday. Cams are all bunged up though, which im happy with, just trying to align timing, but on the LH head and it will line up half a turn out, but not where it has to... engine is sassing me :P

Psylentzer said:
Gave her a good clean, and finally managed to pick myself up some window monsoons for my BE. I got the clips with it, just wondering what I should use as an adhesive to fix them to the window frame. Cheers.

Could use some form of 3M double sided VHB tape to secure those? Not sure where to get it though as I just get it from the factory floor at work.

Not my car, but still had fun. Drove this round in circles in Taupo last weekend at the endurance race:

th_IMG_6750_zps0ae6b758.jpg

3 hour race with a mate, so did 1.5 hours each. Good learning experience as haven't done much door to door stuff before.