Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Not my car, yesterday changed spark plugs in friends car, then start it up, go to move it, nasty noises coming from power steering pump, so we replaced that, bled that... what a tedious process.

old pump was leaking out the back of the O-ring seal it turns out, BP5 with the floating vane type pump. just needs a new seal in the other one and he's got a spare pump/ one to sell :P

Edited by 94 Leone

Yesterday....

The other 2 springs showed up.

As I was literally elbows deep in a motorbike heart transplant they have been sitting in my lounge tempting me.

Plan today was get the bike running then do the springs in the legacy....

Well this crappy rain in Auckland has put an end to that idea

Andy_Mac said:
Bummer. You fork out the $5 each, or whatever it was to get free puncture repairs/replacement for the life of the tyre?

I did actually haha, now to try and find a place that's open over the weekend (good luck with that haha) before we go away on Monday, otherwise it's going to have to wait until I get back from holiday next week...

Replaced air filter, oil filter & oil, fuel filter, flushed coolant, swapped factory intercooler for STI intercooler and Greddy re-circulation valve.

Wagon seems to accelerate much faster now. Could the old re-circulation valve have been leaking boost?

No pics atm, need to find somewhere flat as my driveway is all sloped for drainage lol.

Mine were delivered by DHL directly, would imagine yours are close...

Its a real subtle drop, you look at it and theres something you just cant quite pick immediately thats different.

Will chuck up a pic tomorrow oncei've taken it for a fang

Not my car, but mates: Changed the fecked thermostat out for a working one(tested it) car still gets warm, Thinking blocked heater core or rooted water pump.

Anything else cause the car temp to rise when putting foot down: Also, when trying to fill the system(with car on), it just backs out instead of settling, that sound like heater core to anyone?

Pulled mani/up pipe/turbo/downpipe and hopefully fixed gate and up pipe leaks. Bolted it all back together.

Cut up ecu mounting bracket to figure out where to mount the new ecu. Halfway there more thinking to do then time to fix wiring.

Oh and polished big bore plus 20 internet wank points.

• Admin
 94 Leone said:
Not my car, but mates: Changed the fecked thermostat out for a working one(tested it) car still gets warm, Thinking blocked heater core or rooted water pump.

Anything else cause the car temp to rise when putting foot down: Also, when trying to fill the system(with car on), it just backs out instead of settling, that sound like heater core to anyone?

Heeeeeeaaaaaaad gaaaaskeeeeeeeeet.

You're in denial until you TK Test it.

boon said:
Heeeeeeaaaaaaad gaaaaskeeeeeeeeet.

You're in denial until you TK Test it.

It's an engine to replace the one That just did a head gasket damnit! Haha

Well got 4 new tyres goodride sv308's for 456 fitted & balanced chuuurr

Also, ARB links & bushings and ARB half moon bushings how much $$ am I looking at?

• Admin
 94 Leone said:
It's an engine to replace the one That just did a head gasket damnit! Haha ��

Well got 4 new tyres goodride sv308's for 456 fitted & balanced chuuurr

Also, ARB links & bushings and ARB half moon bushings how much $$ am I looking at?

The bushings are bugger all, like $20 a set?

If your links aren't broken don't bother replacing them, just replace the bushing and call it done.

Firenza's WRX STi, done between the two of us over a couple of days - cambelt, idlers, tensioner, water pump, thermostat, front main seal, oil filter (all Subaru genuine), oil, spark plugs, coolant, Lamco gauges, probably many other things I've forgotten about.

Had to replace the centre portion of the timing cover due to a dumb courier running over it without looking where he was driving. One expedited trip to Avondale Pick a Part, an important appointment that we expected the car to be ready for, cleaning chemicals and a rattle can later...

XxO8Ci2l.jpg

Poor car was then promptly flogged around Hampton Downs and didn't explode.

Meanwhile, the Outback... didn't even put fuel into it...