Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

evowrx said:
I read that post and didnt see a date. Safe to assume its in 4 weeks time or so.

Yeah dude. They are pretty much booked out at the moment so the earliest i could get in was the beginning of next month.

Taking the day off work, will cruise down early and hang around and watch them work their magic :)

• Admin

New, semi-used intake has turned up, all the way from Leprechaun loving Ireland. So i can finally get the hot side of the intercooler plumbed up. Whilst on the subject, is it worth getting hot side pipes coated in some form of heat retaining coating or is it just money down the drain in most cases. Do plan on giving the whole lot the black treatment at some point in the future too.

06142C72-72B2-4756-8AB7-AAF57AE6A265_zps

Andy_Mac said:
New, semi-used intake has turned up, all the way from Leprechaun loving Ireland. So i can finally get the hot side of the intercooler plumbed up. Whilst on the subject, is it worth getting hot side pipes coated in some form of heat retaining coating or is it just money down the drain in most cases. Do plan on giving the whole lot the black treatment at some point in the future too.

06142C72-72B2-4756-8AB7-AAF57AE6A265_zps

Use that gold foil barrier stuff on the piping

Your pipe clamp is crooked

2/10 do better in future

Does have me rethinking where my piping goes though, mine takes the traditional long-ass route through the front wing and right around, things are pretty tight for space

My vote goes to powdercoating (or even just painting) the pipes in crinkle black or red, same as how that intake pipe is done. Makes things look factory fitted, or at least not DIY'ed

• Admin

Don't you worry Marky, i'll rush home right now and straighten that clamp, just for you.

I was mainly concerned about the section under the intake where it is rather close to alot of fluid lines and wiring

Crinkle black is the look i'd like, think powdercoating is probably a bit more wear friendly too but i'd imagine it costs a fair chunk more. At this point i'll be happy just to be able to drive it again, getting close to a month since she's made any form of movement.

• Admin
 B4 I was 250T said:
It's the little things. Today I replaced throttle body hose with red (of course) Samco one I had sitting around. Also zip tied all silicone hoses on so they stop jumping off under hard boosting and because if I have to do one my OCD demands I do all lol :D

Go to Pickapart and score like 50 of the little fuel hose clips, they look much nicer than the usual hose clamps.

Zipties everywhere just don't float my boat.

FAILED CERT for adjustables,need to raise 2cm as hitting bumper stops or something and previous Muppet cut bumper support in half to fit FMIC.

well happy email sent to car seller to fix support and i'm thinking off going aftermarket top mount.

Worse thing is i'll have to get yet another wheel alignment as can't be more than 2 weeks old during cert check,It's had 2 alignments in a month already,The joys of trying to stay legal :(

Edited by bford

• Admin
 bford said:
FAILED CERT for adjustables,need to raise 2cm as hitting bumper stops or something and previous Muppet cut bumper support in half to fit FMIC.

well happy email sent to car seller to fix support and i'm thinking off going aftermarket top mount.

Worse thing is i'll have to get yet another wheel alignment as can't be more than 2 weeks old during cert check,It's had 2 alignments in a month already,The joys of trying to stay legal :(

See, the alignment bit is why the cert process is broken as ****. Unless your car is cambered to **** and the alignment sheet says it's got -0.5 on all 4 then why be so anal about it? I mean yeah a bunch of people completely took the piss with their stanced out piles of **** and now we're all suffering for it but how bleeding hard would it be to just supply all the certifiers with a basic camber gauge?