Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

bford said:
FAILED CERT for adjustables,need to raise 2cm as hitting bumper stops or something and previous Muppet cut bumper support in half to fit FMIC.

well happy email sent to car seller to fix support and i'm thinking off going aftermarket top mount.

Worse thing is i'll have to get yet another wheel alignment as can't be more than 2 weeks old during cert check,It's had 2 alignments in a month already,The joys of trying to stay legal :(

See, the alignment bit is why the cert process is broken as ****. Unless your car is cambered to **** and the alignment sheet says it's got -0.5 on all 4 then why be so anal about it? I mean yeah a bunch of people completely took the piss with their stanced out piles of **** and now we're all suffering for it but how bleeding hard would it be to just supply all the certifiers with a basic camber gauge?

Gave the car a wheel alignment, balance and tire rotation before taking it down to the Leadfoot festival.

Not so much what I did to my car (glared at it) - had the odd situation of having pretty much one of each BP/BL legacy motor combo in at work all at once and having cause to drive the lot

1 each man & auto turbo, a 3l outback auto and one each of a man & auto b-sport 2.0

To be fair the difference in trim and how they all drive they'd may as well be different models altogether, it's quite weird

Started swapping springs out of some bilsteins and found that chucking a strut brace on to hold the top hats for the rears gives you awesome leverage to easily crack the nut with a breaker bar. Also bought a new one. Gotta go pick it up next week and will post some pics then!

McDoof said:
Just missing the 3.0R with a 6MT. The best of the lot :-)

Pfft, you're a dreamer. Turbo with 6mt takes the cake.

Have a drive in mine sometime Marky, once its actually up and running again. I'm sure it could sway you towards one.

Gladly, haha. I break it you bought it?

Today it got 4 pots, converted semi permanently to parallel and I half un-boganed it

Now it's drift spec ow, least till tomorrow when I do the back wheels too haha

DSC_0071_zpse9ct1kiy.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsrgnpluuf.jpg

Andy_Mac said:
Pfft, you're a dreamer. Turbo with 6mt takes the cake.

Have a drive in mine sometime Marky, once its actually up and running again. I'm sure it could sway you towards one.

You're probably right. But with the poverty budget I had when I bought this car I would have been a good 6k short of owning a facelift specB.

3 years ago a good one was still around 17 to 18k. Could probably find one for about 14k now

82A909B0-D17A-4B0C-BE97-D71F9AA3FBEF_zps

Lowered it a bit today... The bilsteins are quite a bit more comfy than the red kybs.

Edited by les666

Changed oil and filter, changed the front discs back to the "old" new ones. Seems to have fixed what weird noises were generated at approx 50km/h driving. Fixed up the gear surround a bit with a V7 STi boot and modified boot surround. Much better than the old hori one that wasn't really connected to anything other than the gear stick itself.

IMG_20160208_1605459422_zpsm83zbxrg.jpg

These arrived today, $60 shipped and only took a week to arrive, cheers Ebay!

Will chuck them in before my next visit to DTech

o4zndvik.jia.jpg

Andy_Mac said:
The fund sucker finally turned up this afternoon.

712F24D4-46C7-462C-9B7B-35D059067740_zps

They looks so good.

Can you buy just the mufflers?

Na. Would have liked to be able to do it that way.

Think i'm going to need a mid muffler added to the midpipe somewhere to get it quieter, maybe something like the one McDoof just picked up.

Andy_Mac said:
Na. Would have liked to be able to do it that way.

Think i'm going to need a mid muffler added to the midpipe somewhere to get it quieter, maybe something like the one McDoof just picked up.

It's just a resonator, but then again so is the bit I am replacing. The mid muffler on the Legacy is actually just a straight through resonator with lots of packing. The one I am putting in should be fairly close to stock noise levels. I am expecting it to be a bit louder, but not much.

Bumper on bumper off,bumper on bumper off lol been sorting out quotes for bumper support to be installed and majority of panel beaters saying easier to go back to top mount.

have considered going for smaller front mount but pipes would need modifying and some sort of extra support bracket and majority off bumper to chop into,Have been given many cheap skate ways around it like put 3" pipe across (no bar/inter-cooler) till I pass cert etc but I want car legal for insurance not just for CERT pass

bford said:
Bumper on bumper off,bumper on bumper off lol been sorting out quotes for bumper support to be installed and majority of panel beaters saying easier to go back to top mount.

have considered going for smaller front mount but pipes would need modifying and some sort of extra support bracket and majority off bumper to chop into,Have been given many cheap skate ways around it like put 3" pipe across (no bar/inter-cooler) till I pass cert etc but I want car legal for insurance not just for CERT pass

Just cut your cooler to the height of the crash bar, done, no new pipes and happy days

Still bigger than a TMIC

Shopping for a new daily for my misses, best game ever, love shopping for cars.

^^ GOOD, another convert to the semi darkside

Today I used it to move 2 lawnmowers, two labradors, reloaded on my "do sweet backfires" tune and L'ed my A O, embarassed an LS1 clubsport on a motorway onramp and contemplated what, if anything, I wanted to do to it next

#wagonlife