Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

2 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Oh geez, hope you are okay. Rear end impacts hurt.
Let us know if you need anything.

Yea we're fine and back on the road south. Ours was by far the best off. 

Lovely end to a trip to Sydney...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

holy s*** thats aweful bro, glad you're safe. sorry about your ride :(

9 hours ago, Niran said:

Sorry to see and hear what happened @McMatty . Glad everyone is ok man. Hoping insurance sorts you out bro

6 hours ago, Joker said:

frig

3 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Damn dude! Super glad you and others are okay. Hope insurance sorts you out.

Let us know if we can help with anything.

Oh geez, hope you are okay. Rear end impacts hurt.
Let us know if you need anything.

Right. I can go into details now. In short, im not covered for this as i wasn't the one driving and being under 25 anyone else under the age of 25 isn't covered. It hurts but i understand where the insurance company is coming from. At current im $510 down for glasses that went flying and tomorrow i have to get the car out of the tow yard which will set me back another $1378.

The girl who was driving has agreed to pay for the car and all the damages but has told me that i wont get the money for months or she will have to pay me weekly. Her next offer which im yet to take is to take her car ( A manual, turbo MR2) as payment for my car and im trying to get her to pay for the towing as well, which again will be a weekly instalment thing so im not impressed as im the one out of pocket. but we are lucky that i managed to get out relatively unharmed and her with a small cut on the shoulder and a concussion.

As to what happened in order to cause the damage, she wasnt paying attention and as we came around the bend she noticed we were going into the other lane and yanked the steering wheel to the left and smacked the brakes. All 4 wheels locked up and we understeered into a bank which sent the car airborne and we rolled a few times. Im surprised that neither the ABS or the airbags worked. 

As for those wanting to help, just do me the favour of checking your insurance is up to date and allows other drivers, and keep yourselves safe. This has been a very eye opening experience for me and i dont want more people getting into this sort of trouble like i did.

Oh, and if anyone sees a facelift, manual twin turbo legacy for sale thats relatively cheap, let me know. it would be such a waste of my ST kit if i bought something else. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Right. I can go into details now. In short, im not covered for this as i wasn't the one driving and being under 25 anyone else under the age of 25 isn't covered. It hurts but i understand where the insurance company is coming from. At current im $510 down for glasses that went flying and tomorrow i have to get the car out of the tow yard which will set me back another $1378.

The girl who was driving has agreed to pay for the car and all the damages but has told me that i wont get the money for months or she will have to pay me weekly. Her next offer which im yet to take is to take her car ( A manual, turbo MR2) as payment for my car and im trying to get her to pay for the towing as well, which again will be a weekly instalment thing so im not impressed as im the one out of pocket. but we are lucky that i managed to get out relatively unharmed and her with a small cut on the shoulder and a concussion.

As to what happened in order to cause the damage, she wasnt paying attention and as we came around the bend she noticed we were going into the other lane and yanked the steering wheel to the left and smacked the brakes. All 4 wheels locked up and we understeered into a bank which sent the car airborne and we rolled a few times. Im surprised that neither the ABS or the airbags worked. 

As for those wanting to help, just do me the favour of checking your insurance is up to date and allows other drivers, and keep yourselves safe. This has been a very eye opening experience for me and i dont want more people getting into this sort of trouble like i did.

Oh, and if anyone sees a facelift, manual twin turbo legacy for sale thats relatively cheap, let me know. it would be such a waste of my ST kit if i bought something else. 

thats hectic as again glad you're safe, that you're still in love with lookin for same kinda car and that you can be so positive about it sharing your experiences / learnings! the under 25 one is a massive one along with restricted license drivers or 'inexperienced' drivers who haven't had their full for atleast 2 years, meaning either they're not covered or if covered, have to pay something crazy like $2k in excess usually.

i'm a little surprised she had that reaction considering she's an mr2 driver, usually that car teaches people way more caution through harsh punishments

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not meaning to point fingers or be rude, but my reaction in that situation would throttle off, trail brake and gently steer back into the lane.

Either way speed (I HATE using that word in relation for accidents) seems like the main cause. Reminds me of the weekend, and watching a good friend ride his motorbike - he's trying too hard to be fast on it, vs being smooth. I think learning to be smooth before you learn to be fast is the best, cos being fast (on sealed roads) is being smooth in my opinion. Plus also this bike is a 650cc twin Hyosung, that is de-restricted, and the dude is on his Learners...was a sharp price for the bike, but it's waaaay out of his league for a learner.

Edit: I suppose I could throw up a build thread of the Mazda @1randomkiwi. Do have some Quality of Life things (for me anyway) that I'll be doing to it.

Edited by Individualities
  • Like 2

Picked up a new clutch fork as my one was TOAST. Lasted 300,000 km so I guess it's done well.

More delays, getting beyond steamed, further action pending. Im annoyed now. 

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

More delays, getting beyond steamed, further action pending. Im annoyed now. 

I'm going to wildly speculate and ask if this is yet another case of a pseudo-"performance" workshop being a bit s***?

• Like 3

Finally bit the bullet and got myself some flares coming from the UK, it was that or wide-body...been 10 years going back and forwards on the two. Also ordered a origin-labo gt wing and grabbed a turbosmart BOV to replace my very old/crappy greddy bov...

Now just gotta send it off for a re-tune in the mean time and get the last of the gremlins sorted. Then lastly figure out what wheels will fit...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, boon said:

I'm going to wildly speculate and ask if this is yet another case of a pseudo-"performance" workshop being a bit s***?

more than a bit s***. imho

2 hours ago, boon said:

As to the being a bit s**t, yes. 

To the rest, I can neither confirm nor deny until resolution

Did a clean/polish/buff/rain x today.

qZTmHVr.jpg

HIbnpI4.jpg

OUuMiup.jpg

• Like 5

Dropped RS in today to fix noisy tappets/lifters.

While engine is out, upgrading to vf30, hyperflow topmount, 850cc injectors and link install (after sitting in  my room for 1 and a half years). When in Rome i guess...🙄

• Like 2

Got photos from mechanic of engine going into the hole. 

Must say, Mantic twin plate clutches are freaking gorgeous

• Like 4

I can't see any pictures.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

full service on the meg.

6L of castrol's best ! 

😯

new brake pads for the brembos

zoom zooms tomorrow to bed them in

😁

Stage 2 of legacy clean today. Cut and polish to bring back that white pearl shine!

4f89db4e376ecaa9e4311c20b6bda26b.jpg119e01c7e2cd5dbe9a68abaa200eba6e.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iludez said:
1 hour ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

I can't see any pictures.

Flickr is currently down

So after quite a while trying to find where my over fueling issue at idle is, and potentially my issue also with my fuel pump staying on all the freaking time, its come down to something rather... Simple, yet so annoyingly hard to find. 

The wiring in my RA is stopping my ECU from seeing full voltages. it's getting 9.4-9.8v MAX. and it's still running which is amazing to be honest. 

Now, you may ask, why would this cause an over fueling issue?

Brilliant question! 

ECU's control the injector dead time, with voltages.

The lower the voltages, the greater the dead time. the higher the voltage and the faster dead time. As seen below and explained brilliantly by link. 

So as you can expect, the lower the voltage the ECU sees, is the absolute highest it could be expected to output.

Fc4izQm.png

Soooooo How am I going to solve this? Well eliminate the wiring harness entirely for 12v delivery to the ECU, but not only for that for for the fuel pump, Can Lambda wideband, Fuel pressure sensor, Flex Fuel sensor, and oil pressure sensor.

Due to the above, this is how I came to doing this. 

RIE43VS.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Soooooo How am I going to solve this? Well eliminate the wiring harness entirely for 12v delivery to the ECU, but not only for that for for the fuel pump, Can Lambda wideband, Fuel pressure sensor, Flex Fuel sensor, and oil pressure sensor.

Looks mint! but 12v to pressure sensors?

I'd also think about an additional relay for injectors and coil, then you know the injectors are at the same voltage as the ecu is seeing

2 minutes ago, pl0x said:

Looks mint! but 12v to pressure sensors?

I'd also think about an additional relay for injectors and coil, then you know the injectors are at the same voltage as the ecu is seeing

Yep, the honeywell 150psi sensors require a 12v feed. 

I've tested the ignition coils and that's seeing things properly. 

It's just ECU voltage line that's the issue at this stage, but I'm taking the initiative to do the other things too, since I'm already there lol

Interesting, the Honeywell ones I've got and seen are all 5v supply & 0.5-4.5v output.

Yea, makes sense. Voltage drops are a pain.

• Like 1

Big day today, didnt take many photos but you get the jist of it. Dont suppose anyone has a rolling body lying around?

6b428a491a0afac8a138c31b447e505f.jpgdd8150b897ba4a7edf19153636a2b8dc.jpgfca542311f28051747b620e0acd3fd39.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

ldaff68h.jpg

Started the Mothers 3 Step process, only got the bonnet done before I ran out of time. Good thing it's a long weekend next weekend!

• Like 7

On 24/05/2019 at 1:04 PM, Dairusire said:

So after quite a while trying to find where my over fueling issue at idle is, and potentially my issue also with my fuel pump staying on all the freaking time, its come down to something rather... Simple, yet so annoyingly hard to find. 

The wiring in my RA is stopping my ECU from seeing full voltages. it's getting 9.4-9.8v MAX. and it's still running which is amazing to be honest. 

Now, you may ask, why would this cause an over fueling issue?

Brilliant question! 

ECU's control the injector dead time, with voltages.

The lower the voltages, the greater the dead time. the higher the voltage and the faster dead time. As seen below and explained brilliantly by link. 

So as you can expect, the lower the voltage the ECU sees, is the absolute highest it could be expected to output.

Fc4izQm.png

Due to the above, this is how I came to doing this. 

RIE43VS.png

But then we checked voltage to the pin and it was allgeezy. so it's basically just because it's a link.

• Like 1

But then we checked voltage to the pin and it was allgeezy. so it's basically just because it's a link.

Link or a straight up grounding issue. It’s frustrating as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1