Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

Booked it in for the recall. Will let you guys know how it goes

 

Good Afternoon sir, the recall has been completed free of charge, however while working on your car we noticed a few things, here is a list of items that NEED addressing ASAP for a million dollars

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Omsin said:

 

Good Afternoon sir, the recall has been completed free of charge, however while working on your car we noticed a few things, here is a list of items that NEED addressing ASAP for a million dollars

 

Pretty much how it goes! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Good Afternoon sir, the recall has been completed free of charge, however while working on your car we noticed a few things, here is a list of items that NEED addressing ASAP for a million dollars
yeah im expecting something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooked up a reversing camera to my factory Nav screen which doesn’t have a rca input for a reversing camera. A trip to Jaycar and identifying which pins to use on the back and it all works

 

DEE527-D4-2593-48-BF-8992-5444-B6202524.

 

DEE527-D4-2593-48-BF-8992-5444-B6202524.91-B5-BE43-ACE9-4-A20-9936-5913258651-B1

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redid the BBOD yesterday, think I put everything back in place. ... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

 

 

 

8ysC9zI.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the recall work for the passenger airbag and park brake done today by Armstrong Christchurch.

Was excellent service car came back washed and cleaned on the inside.

No marks on the outside or scratches or rattles on the inside. All the things (defi controller) were back where they should be as well.

So for me was a good experience and the parts guy was very helpful in getting me a gasket they didn’t have in stock from Auckland overnight.(partsouq didnt supply it on my last order as they didn’t have stock either)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the outback booked in next week for the recalls. Hopefully all goes well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, iludez said:

Have the outback booked in next week for the recalls. Hopefully all goes well

 

Lucky. Wish mine would hurry up so I can look into getting a new dash 😒

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some f***wit tried to steal my car when I was at work last night so when I wake up I get to track down and replace the plastic trim pieces off my steering column and passenger side rain guard. 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abomb said:

Some f***wit tried to steal my car when I was at work last night so when I wake up I get to track down and replace the plastic trim pieces off my steering column and passenger side rain guard. 

Thought you were going Liam Neeson on us and saying you were going to track them down 😂😂😂

 

I would help with disposing the body fyi 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my car to Winger Hamilton on wednesday and got it back the same day for the Recall work done. No issies and no up sells either so im pretty happy. I did ask them for a breakdown of the work they did(for my records) but havent got that yet

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Omsin said:

Thought you were going Liam Neeson on us and saying you were going to track them down 😂😂😂

 

I would help with disposing the body fyi 😉

 

 

I wish. No cameras in the work yard, didn’t leave anything I could see and all my guns are in America. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, so far I’m replaced the top shell of the steering column but while I was at the wrecker I got a new steering wheel since mine was ripped and that’s installed too. Just have to put the bottom bit on and the rain guard tomorrow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Decided to do some more DIY on the car, this week I ended up added sound deadening. 

 

 

As you you can see there is nothing at all on the door other than a plastic skin

 

B96-B4-F20-51-E9-4-C6-C-B566-5855-B3-FFB

 

A metre of sound deadening later and it’s all covered.

 

B96-B4-F20-51-E9-4-C6-C-B566-5855-B3-FFB

 

 

Road noise and in particular wind noise has dropped a lot, speakers even sound 10x better. I am going to order more material and line the boot and eventually underneath the carpet / seats.

 

The 6m roll for $129 is easily the same, if not better than the branded “Dynamat” at a fraction of the price. It’s roughly a meter per door or 1.5m if you want to really layer it on (double up on hollow patches).

 

...yes that’s a picture of two different doors, I forgot to stop and take a photo of the finished front door 😂

Edited by Omsin
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Omsin have you got a link to the product you used? I've been wanting to do more on mine but don't really wanna pay for more dynamat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omsin said:

 

Good price.

Slightly thicker than Dynamat extreme which should help isolate more noise and almost half the price from my calcs.

 

I've got 90% of a Dynamat mega pack in mine already. Did ~80% coverage on inner and outer door skins plus boot and minor stuff in other areas, made a heap of difference but doing floor and trans tunnel should step it up another level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain guard, wheel and steering column trim are all in and looking good. Looks like nothing happened, now my work just needs to step up and do something to up the security at the yard because this is the second time my car has been messed with. First time they successfully got into it but I pulled in before and my alarm was going off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2019 at 10:49 AM, Omsin said:

Decided to do some more DIY on the car, this week I ended up added sound deadening. 

 

 

As you you can see there is nothing at all on the door other than a plastic skin

 

B96-B4-F20-51-E9-4-C6-C-B566-5855-B3-FFB

 

A metre of sound deadening later and it’s all covered.

 

B96-B4-F20-51-E9-4-C6-C-B566-5855-B3-FFB

 

 

Road noise and in particular wind noise has dropped a lot, speakers even sound 10x better. I am going to order more material and line the boot and eventually underneath the carpet / seats.

 

The 6m roll for $129 is easily the same, if not better than the branded “Dynamat” at a fraction of the price. It’s roughly a meter per door or 1.5m if you want to really layer it on (double up on hollow patches).

 

...yes that’s a picture of two different doors, I forgot to stop and take a photo of the finished front door 😂

 

Did you do the outer door skin as well? I find that's equally important for sound quality purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, done another batch of Type RA roof Latches.

They’ve come out absolutely phenomenal, and am really happy with them.
Added the spring that the factory one retains as well, so you can run the latch looser without it flopping around haha

6de7f687e88910ed298c4a28bd26f2af.jpg
c4df6fb5a9aed1f382739b2cd32ff15c.jpgb25f6b3c090fec57bf36edb5a5718876.jpg
35f93a1bd200c1c530b02ba349033f9d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

So, done another batch of Type RA roof Latches.

They’ve come out absolutely phenomenal, and am really happy with them.
Added the spring that the factory one retains as well, so you can run the latch looser without it flopping around haha

 

If one wanted to add a roof vent to a non RA car do you know if there is anywhere to get them aside from a wreaker car?

 

keen as on a vent having no AC but pain to locate.

Edited by YoungOne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoungOne said:

 

If one wanted to add a roof vent to a non RA car do you know if there is anywhere to get them aside from a wreaker car?

Sure do. You can get full roof vent kits off Japan Parts :)

OEM kits. 

 

https://www.japanparts.com/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
If one wanted to add a roof vent to a non RA car do you know if there is anywhere to get them aside from a wreaker car?
 
keen as on a vent having no AC but pain to locate.

Can confirm it really helps alleviate the no AC issue , did in my old car , used that latch from dairusire and was awesome as. Consider some window monsoons too so you can crack the windows during rain as roof vent while raining isn’t great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.