Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

1 hour ago, iludez said:

Some of you may remember my gold bh5 from a few years ago, I saw it in Nelson yesterday parked up along the waterfront. In a very sad state, was so gutted to see it like that. Massive dents everywhere curbed mags, scratches and just a huge mess.

Its sad when you see a subie in that condition even more so when it was your old car

Posted (edited)

New LED fog light vs original 

also new lip

4825-AA4-C-9-C41-4764-9-DE4-C17-F21-D5-A

Edited by Omsin
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Omsin said:

New LED fog light vs original 

also new lip

4825-AA4-C-9-C41-4764-9-DE4-C17-F21-D5-A

All your shared images: 

08-spy-kids.w700.h700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Omsin said:

Still getting the hang of the forum 😂😂😂

What app/site are you using to share them?

5 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

What app/site are you using to share them?

Imgbb 

Posted (edited)

Played with the ride height this afternoon. Was 330mm FR 335mm FL and 330mm in the rear (centre of wheel to fender) Raised the car up about 20mm in the front and 10mm in the rear so it’s now 350mm front and 340mm rear.

Alignment needs rechecking but even as it is it handles a lot better. After reading overseas forums the sweet spot for good roll centre geometry is 350-355mm front and approx 342mm rear. After looking at the arms with the wheels off you can visualise how the wheels were tucked up too far in the wheel well and promotes excessive roll (sort of like standing up with your feet to close together, raising the car pushes the arms down enough to keep the arms at their furtherest point on their pivot).

Edited by Omsin

Prepped the car for ceramic coating. Wash, clay bar, polish, alcohol wipe - ceramic coat tomorrow 

• Like 1

Took it for her for a wee balance and alignment, front end-links are a touch worn. Needs a windscreen, that's a friday job. aaand a wheel has a sliiiiight buckle, I don't even drive it that often, cheers auckland roads. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Booked my BP5 Legacy in at the doctors tomorrow to get the passenger window door lock actuator replaced. The dealer I bought my car is footing the bill and supplied me with a small electric motor. I'll laugh if he has supplied me the wrong part. I pity the fool who gets on the wrong side of my local SubLab, they're pretty hard case people. 

The benefit of living on the West Coast (South Island) is that a lot of insurance companies and dealers don't have service networks set up here so I always get to choose my repairer and always point them to my local SubLab. 

• Like 3

If anyone is yet to try one, highly recommend going on a Gumboot Rally. I've been on at least 5 and enjoyed every single one.
Two days of a selection of NZ's best driving roads, with optional gravel sections, and some of the best people you'll ever meet.

If you're interested: www.gumbootrally.com

IMG-9322.jpg

IMG-8883.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

If anyone is yet to try one, highly recommend going on a Gumboot Rally. I've been on at least 5 and enjoyed every single one.
Two days of a selection of NZ's best driving roads, with optional gravel sections, and some of the best people you'll ever meet.

If you're interested: www.gumbootrally.com

Man, I still need to get on another one of these! What root did this one take you on? 

Ohh! Just checked the website, looks like it was Auckland to Paihia and back like the year we did it 😎  

1 hour ago, A_J_T said:

Man, I still need to get on another one of these! What root did this one take you on? 

Ohh! Just checked the website, looks like it was Auckland to Paihia and back like the year we did it 😎  

Yeah Auckland-Paihia-Auckland again. Some different roads, some the same.

Went up the East coast and back down the West through Dargaville.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Yeah Auckland-Paihia-Auckland again. Some different roads, some the same.

Went up the East coast and back down the West through Dargaville.

Blue stripe because race car..😎

Ordered it some 2000hp boostline rods. 

Nothing like overkill 😈  or “over engineering” if you want the PC 🤬version 

Edited by Gripless

50 minutes ago, pedro said:

Blue stripe because race car..😎

Haha, yeah the theme was ultimate rally and with no time to arrange costumes or decals I just went with some blue masking tape on the bonnet and boot.
Worked out rather nice.

• Like 1

Bought some bloody expensive shiny bits. Bodged em together, shoved em into the car. That required the bumper to come off, and the intercooler to come out. And the aircon condenser to be unbolted. 

Bolted it all in, poked some hoses around the place, pressure tested it, and whallah, 10 row oil cooler installed and pressure tested. Just as I was starting to put the car back together the heavens opened and in the urgent pack up I got drenched. 

Need to get some heat shielding between the headers and the lines, as the Kevlar shielding I bought with the lines won't quite cut the mustard. Deleted front o2 sensor too, as the link doesn't talk to it. Tune on Friday. 

• Like 3

On 8/09/2019 at 10:14 PM, 1randomkiwi said:

Drove it 800km on a mixture of gravel and tarmac on some of Northland's best roads

Aah hah haaah! Gumboot Rally?

As you were headed down the hill towards Tutukaka, i was heading back towards Ngunguru / Whangarei 👌

So Jelly, looked like a load of fun!

[EDIT: Saw your first post and replaied.... Should have read futher 🤣]

Edited by whitebait19