Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

4 minutes ago, Niran said:

@A_J_T would be amazing if you could put me in touch with him as i have many questions haha

Just had a chat to him and it just uses bolts/nuts the same as the standard spoiler. simply unbolt it and it will pop off. I'll hit you up on FB mate, saves spamming this thread. 

• Thanks 1

rallysportdirect have a sale so likely ordered it more parts. 

perrin 25% off

crawford 25% off and 30% on AOS

15% off everything else with the code at the top of their site. 

Noooooo  they fixed it. Crawford 10% off  now

was 32% and 15% on top. 

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gripless said:

rallysportdirect have a sale so likely ordered it more parts. 

perrin 25% off

crawford 25% off and 30% on AOS

15% off everything else with the code at the top of their site. 

Noooooo  they fixed it. Crawford 10% off  now

was 32% and 15% on top. 

They hiked up their shipping prices not too long ago :(

• Sad 1

Got some new tyres. The Laufenns that came on the car were both quite worn, and very sh*t. Some Continental MaxContact 6s work much better. Bit over kill for an outback, but better too good then not good enough.

raPyCbH.jpg

Also I cleaned it, looks less homeless now :)

Q2LTQ8b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Wait, what?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

just the last bit to finish of this round of mods so far flipped intake manifold and alternator, powdercoating, 70mm throttlebody, deutchworks 340lph intank bosch 044 external, surge tank full teflon braided lines,alloy radiator and silicone hoses, cobb intake,gfb bov, aeroflow rails, turbosmart fuel filter, aem fuel regulator, aem meth kit, oil catchcan, optima redtop relocated to boot, avs 5 star alarm and reversing camera, hella horns and frontmount.
abce2600-d69a-42a9-817f-482b3adb8f9c-ori

Edited by 4kworld
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, 4kworld said:

just the last bit to finish of this round of mods so far flipped intake manifold and alternator, powdercoating, 70mm throttlebody, deutchworks 340lph intank bosch 044 external, surge tank full teflon braided lines,alloy radiator and silicone hoses, cobb intake,gfb bov, aeroflow rails, turbosmart fuel filter, aem fuel regulator, aem meth kit, oil catchcan, optima redtop relocated to boot, avs 5 star alarm and reversing camera, hella horns and frontmount.
abce2600-d69a-42a9-817f-482b3adb8f9c-ori

Yes yes... However... Twins remain? 

You need a build thread mate.. also who is tuning it? 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, A_J_T said:

Yes yes... However... Twins remain? 

You need a build thread mate.. also who is tuning it? 

Yes, would be keen to find more about this, especially how the twin system is set up, I don't see the BBOD in the photo.

12 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Yes, would be keen to find more about this, especially how the twin system is set up, I don't see the BBOD in the photo.

BBOD is in the photo. its plumbed as normal so I assume its the standard sequential setup. 

• Admin

So, I've been tinkering with my Legacy a lot for the last couple weeks

I've replaced front and rear shocks as the originals were poked.

Replaced the Brake rotors and pads on all four corners

Fixed the Stereo wiring issues. 

Fixed the trims around the car. 

Replaced the ignition barrel

Wheel alignment

Oil change for gearbox and engine

Got it tuned by @Pappu1 

Unfortunately, and quite frustratingly, there's a lot of knock with my engine during tuning. Not really conducive. 

What I do know that's an issue is this. 

There is a boost leak, I can hear it under WOT, and I know for a fact it's causing over fueling. 

Cold start up fuel smell. Typical of this MY Legacy.

Looks like I'll be pulling the intake manifold off this car and replacing all the fuel line hoses, and any VAC hoses / problematic boost hoses. Could also be a blown out manifold gasket, but I've not heard of that before tbh.

Part of me wants this thing to blow a turbo so I can put a single turbo setup on it, but the other part of me loves a good twin setup and wants to make this work. Just god damn the amount of VAC hoses in this thing is F*cking nightmare

• Like 2

Picked my car up from Kaizen works who fixed two exhaust leaks and fitted my air oil separator. Tracked down a new spot light cover as mine decided to exit the bumper last time I drove the car :( so will be getting some paint matched on Saturday to spray the new one. Besides this just waiting for Tuesday to roll around so I can have the touch up tune done then enjoy the car :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dairusire said:

So, I've been tinkering with my Legacy a lot for the last couple weeks

I've replaced front and rear shocks as the originals were poked.

Replaced the Brake rotors and pads on all four corners

Fixed the Stereo wiring issues. 

Fixed the trims around the car. 

Replaced the ignition barrel

Wheel alignment

Oil change for gearbox and engine

Got it tuned by @Pappu1 

Unfortunately, and quite frustratingly, there's a lot of knock with my engine during tuning. Not really conducive. 

What I do know that's an issue is this. 

There is a boost leak, I can hear it under WOT, and I know for a fact it's causing over fueling. 

Cold start up fuel smell. Typical of this MY Legacy.

Looks like I'll be pulling the intake manifold off this car and replacing all the fuel line hoses, and any VAC hoses / problematic boost hoses. Could also be a blown out manifold gasket, but I've not heard of that before tbh.

Part of me wants this thing to blow a turbo so I can put a single turbo setup on it, but the other part of me loves a good twin setup and wants to make this work. Just god damn the amount of VAC hoses in this thing is F*cking nightmare

Single Turbo it. 

• Like 1

you and @JordanfromNZ should have a support club for BBOD lovers. 

let’s help you out...

V11 twinscroll turbo for peanuts. https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/listing/2442089417

@Andy_Mac may still have a stash of headers. 

Just need a few extra bit and 300whp 

Edited by Gripless

1 minute ago, Dairusire said:

I believe you'll find that the VF48 is a single scroll turbo my friend :)

Meh I forget they still make made v11 with such old tech. Still 100% better than twin turbo. 

I have a twin turbo exhaust cover if it’s interchangeable 

Edited by Gripless