Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Allenton Rd Grass Autocross - all welcome 28/02/10

dubbedup

28 Feb 9.30am ish

Autocross

476 Allanton Road, Taieri

Pretty much all you needs is a WOF-able car, overalls and a helmet. You don’t even need to be a member, so friends and family etc can enter as well.

More info at www.oscc.co.nz

OSCC 2010 AC Championship round

If anyone needs helmet/overalls, im more than happy to share mine. I think Sti-type R will be there, so you mite as well come out its only $30 to enter and is a good morning out. can meet at mine if you are unsure where to go... can also have a quick scruteneer at myn just to avoid hassle out there.

if you can, go to this!!

if people are always harping on to you about track racing, and your still not sure (chicken shit) try this first, its all grass, easy on the car, the worst thing you can hit is a cone.

these guys love to incorporate good speed and tight corners into a track, so its certainly not boring

this is where i started, with my MUMS 1.2L HONDA CITY oh yeah~ and we had better times than silvia's etc

P1010113s.jpg

we have had all sorts, from 7 seater chariots to drift cars...and everything in between, some of my mates regulary race factory cars...91 corola/83 corona(coroda)also the usual of race cars evos wrxs rwd v8s etc...

best $30 you can spend.

you wont be insured by entering a racing event - no one is as far as im aware...thats why a write off hurts soooo bad! also its motorsport nz insureance so more like public liabilty.

Edit: you will have health insurance etc...but your car wont be...

dubbedup said:

you wont be insured by entering a racing event - no one is as far as im aware...thats why a write off hurts soooo bad! also its motorsport nz insureance so more like public liabilty.

You should not be able to write your car off on a properly prepared/thought out autocross. The whole point of these events is to provide fun without the risk that comes with other forms of motorsport.

WRX8YA']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

/quote]

You should not be able to write your car off on a properly prepared/thought out autocross. The whole point of these events is to provide fun without the risk that comes with other forms of motorsport.

i meant in a broader sence....ie...last weeks capri...or the white silvia a few months back...accidents happen. and whos to say your not gonna hit a contrete strainer and tweak the chaisis? all thing are taken into consideration.

Will you insurance provider give coverage for your car on a race track?

Yeah I know what you mean, the point I was making was a properly thought out setup autocross will have no obstacles which are anywhere near the course. Most clubs I have seen in the past set it up in such a way the only thing you can hit is cones.

well i went and had another front bumper issue..few of my mates went out in their Nissans, lots of sliding round the track it was real dusty and by the end of the day the course was real cut up.

Photos to come,

Good to see B42000 and shrug made it out!