Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DYO Service pacages - is there any interst?

Hey Guys,

I have been thinking about what else I can offer you guys as a club (Were still in discussions with ben about offering discounts to clubmembers)

Is there anybody interested in a service package or a range of servicing parts as I know most of you guys can manage doing your own servicing, but I know alot of you guys end up paying retail pricing for your parts so here is somewhere I can help you guys out.

So the first simple package would be

5ltr ELF 10w40 Semi-sinthetic engine oil (i'm told its the same as what subaru uses)

1x oil filter

4x spark plugs (coppers, platinums or iridiums) what ever is prefered

If you guys can let me know what your interested in I can get together some prices

I have access to a wide range of parts, both stock replacment and performance, suspension, toyo tyres and more

If you wish to place an order best bet is to either send me an email on [email protected] or call the workshop on 549 7469 and ask for Geoff

Cheers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.Rev said:

what is the effect of putting in more than 5 litres?

nothing to my knowledge, I've put 5L in every oil change i have done and my car is still running very smooth and haven't seen any adverse effects so far,

I have a oil catch can installed so that i can keep the air intake clean

Sounds like there is plenty of interest.

at this stage It will be an email and quote system, or pop in to the shop and I can knock up a quote easily enough once I have made up my pricing list during the week.

Prices will be subject to fluxuations, but I will attempt to keep them as fixed as possible.

5ltr is the size of the bottle you get, I can also get 20ltr drums, or If you guys want I can do a price per ltr as i usually have a 20ltr bottle at the shop so if you bring your own bottle i can put some in that.

5ltr 10w40 is $65 a bottle. retail is $79

I will make up a basic price list during the week of the commonly used items that I think you guys might want. The price list will be on a per item list, but the more items you buy the more discount this is possilbly avalible

I can also get stuff from race brakes, NZperformance, scarles, Luxary sports,, Redline oils, Dodsons*Greddy, cusco, Nismo, HSD etc*, DSR and a few other people here and there

I can also get custom clutch kits that are made to suit the application(we don't buy any off the shelf stuff any more as custom is better and about the same price or even cheeper in some cases.

The only thing I can't discount is Link G4 ECUs as we are bound to retail pricing. G4 Plug in, installed and tuned are usually between $3000-3500 depending on what extras you want

With cambelt kits, do you guys prefer genuine subaru or you don't mind the brand?

Fitting of everything is avalible in store with pretty resonable pricing.

GC8E2DD said:

I'm not too clued up but is the oil you are talking about Elf Competition SM 10w40?

I'm about due for some oil, thought I would try that as a few other members have recommended it. When can I come get some =]

Thats what I use, along with one or two others. I know a few of the guys in production racing series etc also use it.

*Disclaimer* Im rather biased as Shred look after me rather well :)

Yup thats the one, for a comparable oil its as good if not better then castrol edge thats $80 or $90 a bottle

I can get other grades of oil and brands, but I prefer to stick to what I use everyday and in pretty much everything we do, from race cars to street cars.

If you require a differnt weight of oil then I can sort that easily enough.

Yes I can Get ATF fluid etc for those who want it.

I should have some of my main pricing for general service kits ready by the end of wensday so I can have kits ready in time for anybody that wants to service there car over the long weekend!

Guest Oscar
 GETLOW said:

Yes I can Get ATF fluid etc for those who want it.

I should have some of my main pricing for general service kits ready by the end of wensday so I can have kits ready in time for anybody that wants to service there car over the long weekend!

You. Are. Awesome.