Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Autostop Petone

Hi all, Nigel here if you all dont know I have had my gearboxV7sti & differentials4.44 from my GTB 1999

removed because Aaron at Autostop told me that a 1995wrx engine would not fit to my year 1999 gtb gearbox

He also told me he had a friend where the engine came from who also had a 1995 gearbox & would do me a deal He takes my good working gtb gearbox&diffs + $1400 Cash, & I get a secondhand 95wrx engine & gearbox I did not know at the time this was Poor Advice,

Thay are saying thay threw away my gearbox&diffs ect..now? After 3weeks the engine runs a bearing thay blame me?

Anyone got any thoughts on what would happen if you put 99heads on a 95 block? Pistons being wrong from the start ?well sorta.. the compression will be out (and varies from BG (8.5:1) BH (9.0:1). but it would work assuming you got that right.

problem is it goes from a phase 1 block to phase 2 and you need one of the mechanics or techies to tell you if any of the wired in bits or sensors are different, oil lines and the heater core lines thatl run over the block etc.

Id say your opening a can of worms if you dont want a direct drop in.

So my car sat at my mates place for three mths while I waited so see if I would get a refund Never happen? When I asked Autostop wher my engine was being rebuilt thay said Johnsonville

But later change that to Kerry Lindsay engine reconditioning all a bit odd I went & saw Kerry lindsay to see if thay could tell me if my shortblock was the one thay worked on?

Thay looked at it for 2mins & said yep,

Thay also gave me an invoice in Which he riped a section out of for a job dated June 22nd 2009 RE- short block No engine code just ej20 subaru, Price for job $1,692.66 Strange cos Autostop invoiced me $2,285.09 for the job +$1,202.50 in Labour The dates dont match my car was outside my mates place when this rebuild was going on ?

Do you guys think this engine has been rebuilt by the look of theses photos,Thanks for you time

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad84/fergiewrx/?action=view&current=DSC07282.jpg

boostcut']

go away, sort your own problem out.,

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

what the **** is that a foto of?

+1 to each

and agreed to first reply, about the OPost being not worth reading without something being done to it

-smurff

give'm a break, the poor kids just lookn for help...

nevermind all the BS,

is there anyone in welly that could help him??

im keen dunno exactly what could be done, but im sure theres someting we can do

keep ya head up nigel 8)

PS: the pics pretty sh!t bro :D

Making a U Tube vid this week so more people understand my case & to let every one know about Aaron & Jimmy stealing habbits,

Guest loren
 boostcut said:

Do you say that because you're a mechanic as well? ::)

loren']

[quote name='boostcut said:

/quote]

Do you say that because you're a mechanic as well? ::)

hes not a mechanic, think he used to be though.

maybe his point is theres nothing we can do to get his parts/money back, theres this thing called small claims court, they can get your money back or find a solution. thats your best option going by reading your story.

• General Member

IMG.jpg

20 months and nearly 20,00km ?? uh oh apart from that if indeed the engine HAS not been rebuilt i suggest you stop throwing K L's name out there aye, deal with the main grievance 1st

Whers my gearbox said:

Do you work at Kerry Lindsay mate? Are you Arons mate? look 4ward to meeting you out there bro.

and what the hell... how the fuk you think i work for them - check your facts and quit accusing people..

>:(

edit : this was sent to me over PM this morning...

I asked funkytown if he worked Krry Lindsay beacause I chap i meet down there looks the same as his profile pic, & i was making sure he does not get drag into court aswell as thats where its going.If this happen to your car What would you do?

gen11990 said:

keep making noise, they will come around sooner or later with a compromise, leave negative reviews all over the net if you have to.