Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Highbrook Automotive

BC5RA

I'm starting this thread as an area for people who have had work done at Highbrook Auto and can give there feedback.

My own Subaru has had a full engine rebuild and various custom work done as well in it's time there.

Having spent a bit of time there week to week, I can say that they can do all work you could consider for your Subaru or any marque for that matter.

Alex is a great guy to deal with as well as Clayton and Carl.

From servicing to Performance up grades.

Guest Fastfour

And dont forget the Murray's......

On a serious note - Alex and team do some really good work.

I entrust them with my fleet.

• 4 weeks later...
 smurff said:

any one know if we got a CS sponsorship from these good chaps?

-smurff

It's happening but Alex wants to get the workshop at 100% before anything official happens.

But as Jason said he will look after any Clubsub members.

Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

Just some quality bumpage for this thread here.

So far so good with the work done at Highbrook (again); the boys have fixed two sources of coolant fail in my Legacy and so far she's all clear. No overheating, no coolant loss, running like she should have bloody well done to start with :)

And the workshop looks fantastic now that the signs are all up!

If you haven't popped by or had any work done yet...go there first. Seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fastfour

Nice!

Alex, Clayton (Murray 1) and Carlos (Murray 2) do great work.

Make sure you take your car in for all your servicing needs.

They are easy to find now - have new signage up.

11 Stonedon Place, Highbrook.

28072010.jpg

• 2 months later...

jus got my engine rebuilt for my subaru legacy 2003 gtb from alex at highbrook automotive, great guys and great service definately recommend to others :)

I must admit Alex and Carlos looked after me today with the STI..

i just needed some upper engine cleaner and a oil change

I supplied my oil ... the brand they had never heard of before... but they were impressed with it & the condition of the old stuff they pulled out..

I had a really good chat with both of them and will definitely return to them for work if needed

• 3 weeks later...
 Quen10 said:

I must admit Alex and Carlos looked after me today with the STI..

i just needed some upper engine cleaner and a oil change

I supplied my oil ... the brand they had never heard of before... but they were impressed with it & the condition of the old stuff they pulled out..

I had a really good chat with both of them and will definitely return to them for work if needed

What brand is it?

Alex is a really great guy. I would definitely go back again!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really ask for a quote given the state of the car at the time, I knew it was going to be a disaster on my bank account's behalf. All up it cost me about three hundy including the radiator repair...and she's sprung two more unrelated leaks since (RAAAAAAAAAAGE).

As for diagnosis, Alex was systematic. Started off investigating how full the header tank was and if fluid was leaking from there, then TK test, checked as many pipes as were visible, hunting for signs of air here and there. Eventually yanked the radiator, found it was very blocked. Found a split hose once everything was out too.

wrxman - have you any hints at all as to what kind of leak? Is it pissing out the everywhere, or a slow drip? There are 2894728973 places Subarus can leak and the rocker cover gaskets are the most common.

• 4 weeks later...

i was in teh supermarket carpark today.

guy came up to me talking bout my civic and how he has a corrola, nice guy, said if i plan to get much work done to my car or a cage to give his mate a bell,

gave me his mates card. . . Alex at highbrook automotive!

hahaha, these guys are getting good words from everywere :D

-smurff

dont know what there prices are like, but if there good and there reliable, then i would pay extra.

i think that if you mention ur with CS you may get a discount, dont think anything has been formalised yet though.

-smurff

TBH if you want stuff done cheap you can either do it yourself or go somewhere dodgy.

In my experience:

Highbrook costs about what you'd expect, no better or worse price-wise. They seem very thorough, good attention to detail, and know their stuff, that's good enough for me!

P.s. if you ever want to feel better about a quote you've got, try giving wingers a call! Lol

+1 to the above, you gotta pay the price for good workmanship. I have a good mechanic here who I personally think is a little on the cheap side, if he charged more I still would be happy to pay it as it is always top quality workmanship.

• 2 weeks later...