Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

extractors/headers from redline performance

WantbOOOOst

Guest SPANKU

thats right. im not bad mouthing them i do support thier product and used them many of time. Im just pointing out what i think of the extractor and what problem to be expected

good services and discounts from phil and the ben there at redline, oh and that other asian guy hehe. just because its cheap it doesnt mean its bad. i would get another sooner or later from them.

Those more expensive ones "SSI" I think? are around $950 from memory but you can tell where the money is being spent if you hold a set up next to the ~$350 ones. The collector has a very nice, smooth cone in the centre and the flanges are all cast pieces. The piping and welding is generally a higher standard too, as you'd expect for the dollar and Japanese vs Chinese manufacture. The cheaper ones are quite rough inside and the wall thickness is thinner. Plus that collector sitting so low looks like a magnet for anything taller than a worm lying on the road. I've dented an oil filter before, so I wouldn't want to run the risk with exhaust manifold hanging a further 50-80mm lower.

hlau028 said:

What brand is the "more expensive" extractors?? SSI?

Yes, from memory it was the SSI ones.

I think this is the link for them (but they have a picture of twin scroll ones ::) ) but that was about the cost and these are stated as untuned length v1-7 headers on their main page.

http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/?action=products&part=22349

Although with HKS twinscroll ones on special for $787.50, they'd be worth looking into getting an adapter made if still single scroll to lift and twist the turbo.

they are "semi tuned", I had a set on my old car. As said the two bottom pipes hang pretty low tho!!! (got couple pics somwhere maby). Have abit of rumble down low but go more single tone up top. (not single tone like SYMS tuned length with the 2 into 1 uppipes tho).

marc said:

they are semi tuned, I had a set on my old car. Two bottom pipes hang pretty low tho!!! (got couple pics somwhere maby). Have abit of rumble down low but go more single tone up top. (not single tone like SYMS tuned length with the 2 into 1 uppipes tho).

dsc01234uy.jpg

boostcut']

[quote name='funkytown said:

xforce do have slip joints which are prone to leaking which is a right PITA.

/quote]

that is because most retards dont put them together properly. a bit of maniseal in a syringe and feed it into the "female" slip joint. mine havent leaked yet and have had on for over a year

hmmm.

my problem is i keep breaking the little metal strap that holds them together...

also, has anyone got pics of how they wrapped the bit around the bend on true equal length headers?

Guest boostcut
 nzkaosnz']

[quote name='funkytown said:

xforce do have slip joints which are prone to leaking which is a right PITA.

/quote]

that is because most retards dont put them together properly. a bit of maniseal in a syringe and feed it into the "female" slip joint. mine havent leaked yet and have had on for over a year

hmmm.

my problem is i keep breaking the little metal strap that holds them together...

also, has anyone got pics of how they wrapped the bit around the bend on true equal length headers?

i used springs on my set bro. works a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience mate stainleess headers are a waste of money, Ive had a set of sta(good quality)did crack after 6 months,blitz(tuned length)-shit!!! the slips joints kept cracking,currently removed a american made set as thier slip joints started leaking as well so i would port match the standard ones and put up with the weight of them. Sorry to be negative mate but ive spent heaps of money on headers and didnt seem the benefit as i would change to a different set after 6 months