Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best place/brand of sway bushes and endlinks

So I'm tired of the funny noise up in the front left corner.

I had the wheels off the other day and nothing is obviously wrong although the sway bar mount bushes seem a little dry and potentially brittle.

Since the end links seem to be a common problem I'm also thinking about changing them out.

So I'm wondering what to change the endlinks and the sway bar mount bushes for and where to get the bits from. Whiteline? Noltec? What should I expect to pay for new bushes and endlinks?

Nolathane and Whiteline are the same company. Just depends upon if you want red or yellow bushes. I've got Nolathane.

I've got the same squeakiness, I'm told it's from the rear bushings on the front control arm. Changing the endlinks and swaybar bushings didn't help. So I've got a Whiteline antilift kit going on shortly, as for the same price as buying new bushings and getting them pressed in, a little extra gets you a bolt on improvement.

i run nolethane bushes and noltec reac c links and sti front links (only one's i can find for the allot bottom arms) noltec are cheap from bnt if they give you trade. i had issues getting the nolethane bushes from repco beacuse they didn't have a listing for a 20mm bar on the rear of a forester.....

oh and for a cheap antilift kit, buy forester rear lower arm mounts, pretty much the same thing from what i've been told, and you don't have to get them pressed or anything.

Guest keltik

Ill reccomend Nolathane from Autolign for the bushes, cheap and easy to work with. As far as end links go - no idea

keltik said:

Ill reccomend Nolathane from Autolign for the bushes, cheap and easy to work with. As far as end links go - no idea

+1 Autolign were cheap and quick. Nolathane bushes were pretty easy to fit, not sure on the end-links as i just fitted nolathane bushes to the factory resin end-links.

Nolathane have a complete kit for a subaru, one version with the alloy end-links and one with replacment OEM end-link bushes (like mine)

Had trouble finding a 15mm mount for the rear sway bar but the 15mm multi fit mount works well.

Noltec end-links here too:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-208509496.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-208510525.htm

I picked up my MY95 on Friday, and got some nolathane links to replace the fronts as they were making a knocking noise (and the drivers side one clearly had heaps of play) but the nolathane ones are like these ones

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-208509496.htm

But the ones on my car look more like this

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/archive/pictures/28415/600/1/P/1FC90EF/sway_bar_link.jpg

The nolathane versions are proably a good 30-40mm shorter than the ones on the car, so didnt really want to use them...did they change them during the production run?

• 1 month later...

Not sure on names but they look the same. Do these bushes http://www.noltecsuspension.com/popproduct.php?id=N51710 go on these types of alloy carriers? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Suspension/auction-216991985.htm

The ones on the Foz are leaky and failed a wof. While I'm there I was gonna do both but wasn't sure on what their called exactly.

And are these the front ones I'll need?

http://www.noltecsuspension.com/popproduct.php?id=N51709&vhcid=626&brand=SUBARU&series=FORESTER++SF++8%2F97+to+6%2F02

Cheers

leaky? theyre just a bush.... i'm a little confused.

you have the right bushes for the lower arm from what i can see

if its the lower arm (as in the trade me auction) bushes that are worn, the new ones need to be pressed in with a press machine, easier to buy the rear mounts complete from subaru, just make sure you get forester ones cause wrx ones won't fit, if you are replaceing both front and rear lower arm bushes then you could just get all the bushes pressed at once so wouldn't be too expensive.

have heard that the nolethane bushes will start to squeak after a while...

hope that helps

Guest keltik

My nolathanes still arent squeeking....in fact ive heard fi you fit them correctly they should be all good.

The lower arm rear ones are filled with oil and eventually leak and die. The front ones are just rubber and are a total pain the ass to press out

• 2 weeks later...

I just failed a wof for play in L/F sway link rod and the guy didnt really elaborate. What part would this indicate is poked or does it explain itself? havnt been under car yet got a sore neck not sure if i can easily fix it or just get the mechanic to do it when i get a silencer welded into my exhaust

Guest keltik

Its a seperate part that joins the swaybar to the wishbone thing. Pretty easy to replace, only 2 bolts and no aligning or presses needed.