Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

help with suspenstion being to stiff ???

hey guys

ive got a set of Tein super street adjustables with the springs that comes with the dampers

but for some reason that i dont know why its so stiff ,

ive got a Tein edfc witch can adjust it softer but even when its as soft as i adjust the edfc its still really stiff

its a real bitc* when takeing a corner fast and the roads real bumppy ,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin
 Spec C']

[quote name='funkytown said:

take the edfc off and adjust them by hand and report results.

find out what your spring rates are and report back.

/quote]

do it by hand , yup should try it

spring rate , it should be sweet its the super street kit for the streets not the type flex or another spring used.

Prolly 30kg front and rear then. All good.

Spec C']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

waa waa waa.... go buy a Civic.... jeepers.

/quote]

mhm honda's are mint track cars , go good around corners

seen many honda's n/a beat wrx at playday

And I bet those ones would be too stiff for you too ;)

Koom']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

waa waa waa.... go buy a Civic.... jeepers.

/quote]

mhm honda's are mint track cars , go good around corners

seen many honda's n/a beat wrx at playday

And I bet those ones would be too stiff for you too ;)

And he is right :)

Spec C said:

its fine when its nice smooth roads but just your usaully roads its okay , but then when its really shit raods with corners its anyoing , find it dangerous at some points

ehhhh i dunno where you come from but NZ roads supprisingly are full of corners.. and are generally more bumpy than not.. so "nice smooth roads and "usaully" roads - these exist in fairly land buddy

Spec C said:

its fine when its nice smooth roads but just your usaully roads its okay , but then when its really shit raods with corners its anyoing , find it dangerous at some points

Sell your cheapass Teins and put some real suspension in there i.e. Proflex, Exe-tc or something like that. The good stuff makes potholed gravel roads feel like smooth ashphalt.

Spec C said:

yes can do , but then its still bumpy and the thought that maybe if i do take it faster it can get dangerious because one wheel can hit a bump and come up

and take your car to the track when its smooth, and you can go fast round corners... oh wait.. this sounds like some other threads somewhere...

Spec C said:

funkytown , roads that has been made like the track

theres bumpy roads , for example the paramata's to and from the hutt , is bumpy before pretty much all the corners

and that not the worse it gets

i'm sorry but your english is terrible.. roads that are made like the track... well only motorways are that i can think of.. which kinda by defination are usually straight .. thus.. your whole corning issue doesnt apply... i would have though - do you enjoy dramatic lane changing..

the road your talk about - is the haywards.. which is hilly, has corners and is bumpy..like 95% of the rest of NZ roads that aren't motorways. its all same same...? where are you going with the arguement

If on soft they are too hard for you then you either put up with it or change / mod them to something softer.

Those Teins are probably the softest coilover out of JDM land.

Spec C said:

um this is pointless jon

the roads ant the main problem, i cant change the roads

but i can adjust my suspenstion for them , or buy better ones

i really suggest you leave adjusting your "suspenstion" to someone else, get it set up correct and leave it, if its too hard change it back to standard

this sounds like another thread that you have started spec c, iirc, the outcome was stop being a pansy, learn to drive or change to OEM suspension

-smurff

IMO go to a shop that sells suspension and talk to them about your worries, you will receive good service for them.

Asking questions on here with horrible English won't get you anywhere bud.

Like someone said before, SLOW DOWN and drive to the conditions of the weather AND conditions of the road. Hooning around a corner on a shitty road and blaming that your car doesn't perform like you want, maybe you should look at it as you aren't performing how your car wants. You have probably one of the nicest cars out there, its FINE, I have a shitty v2 WRX and I'm over the moon with it.

LIVE WITH IT.

deathz0r']

[quote name='aim said:

me=aim]pipes with his '94 rs[/me]

Yeah. My car Understeers like hockey puck on an ice rink, lags like dial-up internet and sucks gas like 2bit whore. I manage to handle it :P

Nah you just suck at driving :-*

hahaha!!! A bad tradesman blames his tools :P

-smurff

deathz0r']

[quote name='aim said:

me=aim]pipes with his '94 rs[/me]

Yeah. My car Understeers like hockey puck on an ice rink, lags like dial-up internet and sucks gas like 2bit whore. I manage to handle it :P

Nah you just suck at driving :-*

Obviously not :P

IMO pull the Teins out and keep them aside, put some version 8 struts in. They are softer but they STILL HANDLE WELL, PARTICULARLY if you don't have TRACK EXPERIENCE.

All your mods are useless until you get out on the track, anyway. This I found out first hand. What I thought was a stiff car was very squishy out on Manfeild on my first day - the suspension rides hard, and grips hard, but as the driver you can feel everything else squishing around it.

But you CAN'T safely, legally or sensibly find any of this out on the road. AT ALL.

Keep the Teins aside until you can appreciate them, and in the meantime use some stock version 8 stuff. It's not a hard swap - hell, give me a jack or two and some hardy tools, and I will do the same swap on my own cars (and as you recall, this is a girl speaking here) - and the stock stuff will be safer on the road. Furthermore, it will handle BETTER as you can't push it hard enough to use the coilovers on the street, and the extra give in some very hard factory stuff will allow you to hold tighter instead of being bumped around through bumps and corners.

Be realistic. You need to essentially take the car as close to stock as you can, get your wee butt out there onto Manfeild, FEEL what it's like, THEN appreciate your mods as they go back into your car.