• Raised $0.00

NOT THIS SH!T AGAIN. My Impreza broken into

Shale

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Way old but was gonna say, they'll have ripped off the positive or negative on your battery in the hope that your alarm doesn't have a battery backup. Then under the cover of the noise of the shitty weather they go looking for your alarm brain.

1. Bonnet sensor, and if you put it above the headlight you may as well not have one. And be careful where you run the wiring for it. Adjust/cut it so it triggers if you open the bonnet even a tiny bit.

2. Get a chain style bicycle combination lock, shorten the chain on it, then put it from the bottom of the bonnet to something solid-ish. Don't let it open more than you need to get your hand under there and undo it. Then when the fackers pop the bonnet with their devious tricks which I won't go into, they can't even get at your battery/siren to do something about it.

Car with mysterious non-opening bonnet and screaming alarm = too much trouble to bother with. By the time they figure it out and get the bolt-cutters out of their little bag of tricks you should be standing over them with a 4x2.

Really wise words bro.

My bonnet sensor in the past has been positioned fairly close to the firewall on a bracket, but it gave up the ghost by way of EXPLODING into the atmosphere for no apparent reason and I'm sure it hasn't quite come down from orbit yet. I certainly won't be placing a new one near the front of the car given I imagine that's what they were hunting for when they pulled the seals off the top of the headlights.

At least they have two battery back-up sirens to chew through :D

Bike combo lock is a brilliant idea and worth considering, even if it's a pain.

I think they'd die laughing if they saw me standing over them with a 4x2 :D But at least they'd DIE. Fackers.

Good insurance doesn't return a beloved item, it'll just replace it with something of equal or lesser value. (Sorry I don't subscribe to the 'It's just a car' mantra)

But yes, all four cars here are insured. And there's often nothing of value in any of them (unless you count a 3/4 worn Adrenalin to be value :D)

Valuables are a fair bit of a temptation, but if they want the car they're just added bonuses.

I know its emotional when youve put all your heart and soul into something and some phuck ruins it or pinches it, and belive me, im emotional about my car and the hours of blood sweat and tears but at the end of the day, its nothing that cant be done again. Part of life is having a nice car and the risk of it being stolen.

RAYDEO']

let it get stolen then tell the insurence company it was an sti... show them pictures, they'll never know! :P

Neither do the theives until it gets nicked lol. last time they stole it, the thing got ditched in disgust!

And I've covered to death that I have no control over the garage. Your ears painted on, son?

[quote name='Shale said:

Haha we're clearing out the garage this weekend, cuz as I've mentioned...this is the fifth time someone's tried to steal at.

Contradict yourself much?

Guest boostin
 ODB']

[quote name='JoKer said:

ODB OCD?

/quote]

Only when im smoking PCP, listening to Summertime In The LBC or giving the ladies some TLC.

You down with OPP?

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post but I am bored. Anyonethought of installing a ground anchor and chaining a wheel to the anchor. That way they cannot pinch wheels (cause what use is 3 of them) or car. Would cost about $100 all up. Mind you would be a pain if you are in and out a lot. Maybe a ratty car cover is the way to go? Make it look like your parents are protecting their sons corolla while he is away studying in Europe.

Anchor is good in a garage or driveway. My cars get parked on the grass because they don't get stuck in winter :D

Ultimately a decent alarm is the best safeguard. Good security and a well-installed alarm.

Because a garage, for those of us that live in the big smoke, can be an order that's simply too tall...

boostcut said:

what about lock nuts, a garage and an alarm? an anchor only works at home aye bro!

Do lock nuts work? I have always thought that there are probably a few designs out there and if you bought them from trademe or something it would be easy for a thief to have a sellection of nut keys and just find the right one for you nuts. Also a big pipe wrench would make easy work of them. - I do have lock nuts but have never had much faith in them.