• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New Calipers and spongy spongy feel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MUPPET OF THE WEEK AWARD GOES TO ........

That was close, just about at the weeks end and I hadn't awarded Muppet of the week yet to anyone

Infact this might be MUPPET OF THE MONTH AWARD ..... :)

haha yeap we were pissing round with it for a good 3 or four hours before we gave up, cant believe i'm so stupid lol had my mates helping me too, thought they would know better they basically build project cars for a living.Oh well everyone has to learn somewhere somehow. I reckon muppet of the week goes to whoever started this thread........

Yeah point has been made that plenty of people are playing with things like BRAKES, of which they know nothing about

That's the scary thing. Playing with safety items

I have no issue or worries about people who play with stereos / pod filters / spark plugs etc

But brakes / suspension / air bags / seatbelts and steering etc . I have a HUGE issue with

Guest Drewpy

Had this exact thing happen when my master cylinder went in one of my previous cards, it's the most scariest feeling ever. Brake... brake... brake... foot hits floor and brakes are no longer gripping.

Master cylinder screwed itself when I got the whole system flushed (owners before me had never done a bleed/flush)

woo hoo!!! flipped the calipers up the other way today and its sorted! lol. next problem is that took it for a test run and it shudders a bit under hard braking, the discs were checked for warps etc before I bought them so I dont think its a warped disc, and they dont make any rubbing sounds etc when not braking. could it be that there was quite a bit of spilt brake fluid on the discs? also the pads on the calipers are nearing the end of their life (have new ones to chuck in tomorow just wanted to check it all works good today) could the worn pads be making it shudder?

Guest keltik

worn pads are unlikely, slam some new pads in and blast everything with brake cleaner. then perform the correct bedding in procedure and see what happens.

Guest boostcut

did you check for rust scale or anything on the hub behind the disc where it goes on??? that could cause the disc to mount incorrectly even tho techniclly its a floating disc

caspros said:

Wait, nipples at the top ?? Well, hmmm. I didn't actually check that. A friend handed them to me, and said "Yep, this is the left side, better make sure we get it right" and then we bolted them on.

But, no, the nipples are at the bottom.

crap.

Funnily enough they are actually labeled L and R :)

If you look hard enough.

Exactly ! I saw that, as I painted them, so I just assumed my friend had seen them. Now, strangely, this is also the friend who builds the aircraft engines for Peter Jackson's vintage aircraft, so I just assumed he'd checked it out properly. Safety is of paramount importance.

QRAF said:

assumed ??? ::)

you know what they say about assumption?

...I despair, not so long ago QRAF you "assumed" that your "mate" was right about the EBC black pads being better than the green's...

You don't have the right or knowledge to be giving anybody crap/advice.

BC5RA']

[quote name='QRAF said:

assumed ??? ::)

you know what they say about assumption?

/quote]

...I depair, not so long ago QRAF you "assumed" that your "mate" was right about the EBC black pads being better than the green's...

You don't have the right or knowledge to be giving anybody crap/advice.

whose giving crap just agreeing about assumption.

like you've said before people learn the hard way, worked out in the end though.

lighten up man.

LOVE can not return if you become road kill in the meantime !!

Yes we ALL make mistakes, but again I will say if you dont know exactly what you are doing with safety items then leave them alone

Ichi Ban said:

LOVE can not return if you become road kill in the meantime !!

Yes we ALL make mistakes, but again I will say if you dont know exactly what you are doing with safety items then leave them alone

So trail and error isn't always the best option then. ;D