Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

AVS Car Security - Alarm Questions/Help Section

AVS Car Security

Hey Guys

If you have any questions regarding what alarm to get for your car or need any help with your current alarm, what ever brand it is (AVS of course ;)), feel free to ask here and we can help you out. Remember, Subaru's are among the most stolen cars in New Zealand, so make sure yours is safe!! AVS star rated alarms also all come with on-board turbo timers for no extra cost, so you can look after your turbo while looking after your cars security 8)

Also, if your having problems with your alarm check here: http://www.avscarsecurity.com/troubleshooting/

Brad

• 6 months later...

hi Brad , I need to turn off the turbo timer function on my avs alarm for race requirements and am happy to leave it off , I would also like to turn off the auto arming function is this a DIY option or do I need to see an expert ? I am in centralish Auckland , Greenlane , what sort of price ? cheers Tim

Hi Tim

The turbo timer has a minimum run time of ten seconds with instant shut down via the boot pop button at any time. To remove the turbo timer it will need to be re wired so you can pop into a local dealer to have this done, either Installer Services in Manukau or one of the dealers on the Shore.

When you say auto arm, what are you referring to? Auto immobilise or auto rearm which locks and arms the alarm if you dont open a door within a minute of disarming the alarm

Brad?

auto immobilise , but no biggie if it cant be done , will get hold of installer services for turbo timer and chat with them , 10 seconds is too long according to motorsport nz regs it must turn off everything completely from one source either ignition or a kill switch

Unfortunately you can not turn auto immobilise off due to the insurance rating of the alarm. If you are running the car in Motorsport NZ events then either an external timer is needed with the AVS wired and set for this or none at all and just let the car run down manually in the pits etc :)

Brad

• 3 months later...

new car i brought has a AVS alarm with the turbo timer auto on, how long does it go for? havent just left it running to see. i usually just hit the button just curious to know incase a workshop etc has my car and dont push the boot button

cheers

G-unit said:

new car i brought has a AVS alarm with the turbo timer auto on, how long does it go for? havent just left it running to see. i usually just hit the button just curious to know incase a workshop etc has my car and dont push the boot button

cheers

Variable duration, depends on what the installer did/was told

Usually it's 1 minute, minimum duration which can be set. Even that is overkill, usually 30s is plenty!

I still prefer manual TT units, gives greater control - and you can switch it off completely when doing auto-x/track work.

My AVS alarm doesn't have the timer feature enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 04 NZ new Subaru which has a transponder controlled immobiliser.

It has had a Dynatron alarm upgrade added

It only came with one key remote. I'd like another but Winger want $200. Can you put me onto someone who can supply me one for a more reasonable price?

gemini said:

It only came with one key remote. I'd like another but Winger want $200. Can you put me onto someone who can supply me one for a more reasonable price?

Buy the remote from Dynatron directly. see their website. they are around $75 rrp. a lot cheaper if you're in the know.

Just to clarify. Subaru factory immobiliser controls the cars ECU and always requires subaru transponder key to allow the car to start. An add on alarm can be added to protect against break in but remote will not enable/disable subaru immobiliser but can control remote central locking.

In my case this Is a backup key so will get a transponder key only. That will allow me to get into the car, override the Dynatron alarm and start it.

If I lose my original transponder + remote key I'll have to get either a dynatron remote also or upgrade the key to a full transponder + remote key.

gemini said:

Ditch the whole thing, install the 5 Star AVS alarm, we have them in both our Subaru's and are completely happy with them and the AVS service.

• 7 months later...

Hey Brad, I have an AVS S5 alarm with an inbuilt turbo timer, currently set to 1 minute runtime. I'd like to extend it to 2 minutes. Are you able to PM me the instructions to programme a 2 minute runtime? Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i purchased 02 20K with AVS immobiliser installed but previous owner has no info on it or any manuals, receipts etc. how can i find out which model it is so i can get a spare FOB and get a bit more info on it? like setting the remote up to garage and turbo timer adjustments. Im in chch. Who would be in the know?

• 8 months later...

Hi

Just wondering how hard it is to relocate the bonet protection switch thing in the engine bay

I just bought an SG5 Forester and got the car yard to get an AVS S5 alarm installed prior to me driving off the lot, the guy who they got to install it put the bonet protection switch up top behind the IC, so I can\'t install the Cusco Strut Bar that I bought as the pipe hits the switch,

Would I have to get an AVS installer to move it or could I do it myself (to the front of the car)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...