Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post Your Impreza/WRX/STI Photos Here!

BlkPnthr

im already lowered on teins though ,as for adjusties yea ill see about that not really keen to splash out i rather by another project car if i did spend that money

yea ive also heard you can still be captive and pass wofs :S

yeah as long as there captive it should be fine for a wof i don't know any wof guys that have checked if there cut only captive you could just heat the spring up inside the car and get some fat boys to sit on each corner for some cheap compression. :P

just remember if you go cutting springs you can throw your ride comfort out the window and if your car bounces along the road expect to be pulled over a lot and cops don't care if you have a wof if they think there cut you have to go get them checked to get that sticker off your car. ;)

GC8E2DD said:

*shrug*

I'm inclined to believe a guy like Herb Adams over the general internet massive - most of whom haven't been building GM sports cars and Nascars for 40+ years. Each to their own.

and im sure he runs cut springs in all the cars he builds ::) cutting a spring doesnt just change the height of the car, that spring is designed with a spring rate etc in mind, and as soon as you cut it, you fuck all that right up, not to mention the fact that a spring has a full coil at the top/bottom that sits flush with where it is meant to on the strut then you go and cut it and all you have is one pointy end of the spring touching the strut

funkytown']

[quote name='S T E Y E said:

unsafe to cut springs??? ur a girl haha...u can cut springs and they can still be captive and pass a wof...gota know wat ur upto

/quote]

::) muppet..

go read the other thread S T E Y E is trying to 'win' in. proving to be a real tool.

link :D

zarnah said:
and im sure he runs cut springs in all the cars he builds ::) cutting a spring doesnt just change the height of the car, that spring is designed with a spring rate etc in mind, and as soon as you cut it, you f*** all that right up, not to mention the fact that a spring has a full coil at the top/bottom that sits flush with where it is meant to on the strut then you go and cut it and all you have is one pointy end of the spring touching the strut

Actually your spring rate increases - and he was saying that in regards to 'enthusiasts' working on their street cars. He also says to heat the top coil and flatten it. So really, you could just read the book.

• 2 weeks later...
 goatherder']

Ok i know a good camera and someone that takes excellent photos and then can work their magic to give good results in the end result,can make any thing look f#*kable but that there is one very nice looking v7. Loving the subtle look .Some times less is more .

Mate what a compliment, thanks for the kind words!

Oh btw, I do also shoot a bit of pro photog. ;)

[quote name='GC8E2DD said:

Wow. Are you running more rear camber than front, or is that just an optical illusion?

Yeah definitely, think it was running -1.5 front and -1.0 rear.

LUDIKRIS']

[quote name='GC8E2DD said:

Wow. Are you running more rear camber than front, or is that just an optical illusion?

/quote]

Yeah definitely, think it was running -1.5 front and -1.0 rear.

so your not running more camber rear than front?! read the question people!

cool car none the less... those are pretty wide wheels - 17* 9"?

• Joker unpinned this topic