Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CE28n vs brembos!

Yeah they are the wheels off my V7 Spec C.

I got told by car's previous owner and others on here that my wheels wouldn't fit over Brembo's, and it actually put other people off from buying them at the time.

But it turns out they do fit... so score!

I can add Brembo's to my list of upgrades :)

Scoobydoo said:

Yeah they are the wheels off my V7 Spec C.

I got told by car's previous owner and others on here that my wheels wouldn't fit over Brembo's, and it actually put other people off from buying them at the time.

But it turns out they do fit... so score!

I can add Brembo's to my list of upgrades :)

does the v7 spec c not come with brembos? they say you learn something new everyday, thats my new thing for today :)

I suppose a lot of them were marketed towards being bought for motorsport use and having a lot of factory parts swapped out straight away anyhow? I do remember on the old forums before the big crash, there was a thread about an impreza, cant recall what model it was but it came out on steel wheels and all, looked quite peculiar haha

Scoobydoo said:

Yeah there were two flavours of V7 Spec C. One came with 16" wheels, 4 pot brakes, DCCD and non-ABS. The other came with 17" wheels, Brembos, non DCCD, and ABS. Mine is the first, there are a couple around here of the latter.

So really what you mean to say Paul is there was the Spec C designed for racing and the Spec C designed for showboats? :D

Munkvy']

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

Yeah there were two flavours of V7 Spec C. One came with 16" wheels, 4 pot brakes, DCCD and non-ABS. The other came with 17" wheels, Brembos, non DCCD, and ABS. Mine is the first, there are a couple around here of the latter.

/quote]

So really what you mean to say Paul is there was the Spec C designed for racing and the Spec C designed for showboats? :D

I guess?

Guest boostcut

well, you probably wouldnt want to buy a spec c with brembos and have to strip them off to put your 27 piston alcon water cooled calipers on would you.... so 4pots slow it down enough to pass crash testing etc, but dont cost as much as brembros

• 2 weeks later...
 G-unit']

is that before u stripped the rims? guna look the biz 4 the wedding paul

Have only stripped one back at the moment, and that's away getting a fresh paint as it was previously repaird and had a lot of machining marks on it. Will be doing the others this weekend but they will be fine.

CE28ns look so so much better in bronze.

I agree, which is why I'm spending a day stripping all the black spray can shit off to bring them back to original colour.

[quote name='Simon C said:

Didn't realise that yours were 17x8 Paul. Most of the 17" ones I've seen around have been 17x7.5, and Volk don't make those in an offset to clear the Brembos.

Weren't you looking at buying these back when they were for sale, like 2 years ago? And you didn't get them cos you didn't think they would clear your brakes? Stink for you hehe :P

Simon C said:

I didn't get them because I had other spending priorities for the car back then, and I wasn't in the mood for a bidding war against DPI :P

Feel free to drive up to Auckland and see if your Volks make your Spec C faster than mine ;)

Where is DPI?

He was a good sort. Kinda miss his occasional rants in here.