• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno Day at Shred - POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF CLUB INTEREST

Date for the Dyno (feb)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Date for the Dyno (feb)

POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF CLUB INTEREST

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since we had one of these. Last one was early January.

Are you guys keen to look at holding another one of these some time in either Decemember or January again. were going to be very busy untill powercruise.

I know alot of your car's have progressed over the last 10months.

This is more of a disucssion starter then an aim to set a date at this stage.

Let me know what you think. we can run this over 2 weekends if we have the numbers to make this work.

Cheers,

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be keen to do my car again as i should have some new parts by then and possible a turn on the link ECU ( must come and talk to you guys about that at some stage)

I'll even try and convince the old man to put the white RS on the dyno and see what power that thing is making

If i had a choice I'd prefer it in January as cash will probably be tight in December due to buying gifts for xmas etc

What sort of prices would we be looking at again?

Sticky this thread for you Geoff so it stays at the top

GETLOW said:

Hey Guys,

Are you guys keen to look at holding another one of these some time in either Decemember or January again. were going to be very busy untill powercruise.

Let me know what you think. we can run this over 2 weekends if we have the numbers to make this work.

Cheers,

Don't mean to sound defeatist but i think you can take most of the people that say they will turn up with a grain of salt..

Thats if the planned P/N dyno day is anything to go by..

With such an awesome tuning shop it makes me Wish i was closer to Welly :-(

madmike']

[quote name='GETLOW said:

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

/quote]

Don't mean to sound defeatist but i think you can take most of the people that say they will turn up with a grain of salt..

Thats if the planned P/N dyno day is anything to go by..

With such an awesome tuning shop it makes me Wish i was closer to Welly :-(

Last time we held a Dyno Day here in Wellington we had about 10-12 cars that said, after those that did the whole "no money / i can't be brother / i'm just a time waster... etc" we got around 8 that actually went on the dyno

i expect we should have the same if not more on at this one.. :o

Yeah can't say we have had any issues with too meny people not turning up on dyno days. We did one for the silvia club that had so meny extras we had to do a full day on sunday too.

Same price as last time, so $50 for 2wd and $80 for 4wd and $20 for 02 sensor if I remember correctly.

As you guys might remember from last time we don't use sniffer pipes for 02 sensor readings as they don't give a very accurate reading.

So you may need to get an 02 sensor port fitted. (note the hole we need is atleast 14mm) We can supply you nut and bung combo's if you can fit these yourself. or we can fit, but not on the day as we will be busy.

If your not sure, just pop in to the shop with your car and we can check it out for you.

If you guys can come up with a date or 2 that is going to suit most of you, and we can get atleast 5 cars per day then we can look to book it in. January sounds good to me.

only reason im not attending the p/n one is becuase i had entered the 4&rotary show for this weekend..was going to go but cancelled as its to much hassle. had i have remembered about it i would def be going to the pamly one! buttt works killing me atm D: barely any time off!

will def be attending this one as im uber keen to see what mines doing ;D

still seems to be on 0.7 bar instead of 1bar...

GETLOW said:

Yeah can't say we have had any issues with too meny people not turning up on dyno days. We did one for the silvia club that had so meny extras we had to do a full day on sunday too.

Same price as last time, so $50 for 2wd and $80 for 4wd and $20 for 02 sensor if I remember correctly.

As you guys might remember from last time we don't use sniffer pipes for 02 sensor readings as they don't give a very accurate reading.

So you may need to get an 02 sensor port fitted. (note the hole we need is atleast 14mm) We can supply you nut and bung combo's if you can fit these yourself. or we can fit, but not on the day as we will be busy.

If your not sure, just pop in to the shop with your car and we can check it out for you.

If you guys can come up with a date or 2 that is going to suit most of you, and we can get atleast 5 cars per day then we can look to book it in. January sounds good to me.

Nice!!!!

Hope it goes well guys.. Might even have to pop down for a look!

Who knows. Maybe QYKCHK will have done some mods to her car that would require another session on the dyno.

Now quick question regarding DCCD boxes on the dyno.

I heard they need to be locked.

I have no controller yet and have heard that you can put a temporary 12v supply to them to lock it up for the Dyno session.

Is this true or is there a certain method required?

madmike, you are correct. your DCCD needs to be able to be locked. We can do it on the day. If you can have a plug with some wires hanging down for it then that will speed up the process as the plug isn't easy to get to.

Viperguy. The late model euro CVT gearbox's don't like the dyno as we found out when we did a euro club dyno day a while ago. They keep trying to change down a gear. Golfs were the worst for this from memory.