Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HOTREX needs help!

As discussed, have some 17x7" ROH Adrenaline's in White with 6mm+ rubber on them.

Have taken pics and could possibly come to some arrangement...

PM me once you sell your durty chromies and have decided what ya want.

Chur.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shayla - an option woud be to get the chrome stripped off the ones you have then get them powder coated subaru gold or the like..

SOme one cud photo shop up a pic for you and see what they look like non chromed with a few color options, wud save dollars too yea..

just a thought..

JoKer said:

prety sure silver ones are same as my gold ones...

did you like my nuts? (have been waiting all night to use that one)

Oh are they? cool. Havent seen your gold ones yet.

I still have to go and grab your nuts.

Makes it extremely difficult with a budget. I guess my other option is visiting mag and turbo (or the like) and seeing if they have some hire purchase deal. Get something perfect then

ShaylaJ said:

Makes it extremely difficult with a budget. I guess my other option is visiting mag and turbo (or the like) and seeing if they have some hire purchase deal. Get something perfect then

good if ya get it paid in 6 months or so otherwise ya end up still paying for rims your mate kerbed 2 years later haha.

and ya pay the extra! $800 set of wheels will end up costing ya $1500

rex-leggy']

[quote name='ShaylaJ said:

/quote]

good if ya get it paid in 6 months or so otherwise ya end up still paying for rims your mate kerbed 2 years later haha.

and ya pay the extra! $800 set of wheels will end up costing ya $1500

Ew yeah. Prob better to just save for them really. Jared (JoKer) is lending me rims and he's said no rush, so I'll look after them very carefully and tbh prob just buy them

What rims are Joker selling you?

I am looking at ridding my 16's (have two sets), and going 17's on both cars.

Factory subaru 16" in gold - will clear 4-pot brakes. Tires on them are not warrantable - so these will go cheaply!

Car-stockgoldrims.jpg

ROH 16" in matt black (spray painted, i think) - will not clear 4-pot brakes. All 4 kingstar tires are warrantable. ~3mm tread.

Car-blackrims.jpg

Subaru 17" in white, powdercoated. Stock rims from early legacy? Will clear 4-pots. They are white, but this pic was taken after a playday at Hampton Downs - hence the brake dust :D

Car-whiterims.jpg

Advanti 17" in gold, curbed and chipped badly. Currently used as skid/slipway/auto-x tires. Will clear 4-pots.

Car-goldrims.jpg

subaru-mania said:

some powder coated standard GTB rims would look cool and would keep costs down, Also found these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-348407354.htm But likley to go over your budget :P Nice rims tho! :P

17x8" will not fit a GC8, the rims are too wide and will almost hit the struts. I found out the hard way on my wagon - only just missed the bilsteins by 1.5mm.

Stock rims are 17x7". You can use 17x7.5".

If you can find a way to get them from Auckland to Wanganui you can have these for $450. 17" MAK wheels, 2 have little curbing, and they are sitting on new triangle tyres (yeah the tyres not top quailty, but they'll do what you need them to)

Alice-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure your WRX is on superlows? Looks very high for superlow springs..

I know you have a budget around $500, but in my opinion, wheels such as Advan RGs would suit your car very nicely. They're a little outside your budget but such a nice and light rim.

Otherwise these Prodrive wheels are pretty nice. Maybe get them powdercoated in White.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-350940124.htm

Then save up for some coilovers and slam it :)

billzy said:

Are you sure your WRX is on superlows? Looks very high for superlow springs..

I know you have a budget around $500, but in my opinion, wheels such as Advan RGs would suit your car very nicely. They're a little outside your budget but such a nice and light rim.

Otherwise these Prodrive wheels are pretty nice. Maybe get them powdercoated in White.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-350940124.htm

Then save up for some coilovers and slam it :)

The budget includes tyres, $500 = wheels and tyres.

LOL yes, my car is far lower than most other wrx's. With two people in the back and on 17's my guards rub.

No, budget will allow for more, I am looking at SSA BEYOND on trademe for $1150 with tyres.