Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Seat bolt stuck, just spinning in its housing HELP

gazzy2000

well my engineer mate didnt take long at all.

he said the thread or nut was not spining in the chasis as i thought, it was the thread in the middle of the bolt that was rounded. So he simply drilled and taped it out.

I couldnt have done that, all my drill bits are sh1t and i dont have a tap set, all his tools (incl drill bits & taps) are mint and sharp as!

Love the WRX seats, they just add to the whole wicked driving experiance :D Well worth putting them in the BG for sure!

FYI - the seat bolt size is M10 x 1.25

cheers

When I started my apprenticeship as a fitter,turner and machinist one of the first jobs was to resharpen all the twist drills,this was in a medium sized workshop in Palmerston north,took me a month to do them all,from about 3mm to 60 mm in size,metric and imperial after I done them the Forman checked them all and in had to redo any that were not up to scratch,so now I know how to freehand drill bits so all of mine are mint :)

10mm x1.25 is pretty much the common metric size now although it is still a "fine" thread :)

DRFVDR said:

10mm x1.25 is pretty much the common metric size now although it is still a "fine" thread :)

cool yea he just seemed a bit bemused by that thread size for some reason, haha, guess he is real old school aye. Put it this way he had to ask for my help to read the tap size claiming the old ones used to be esaier to read lol

bloody good bugga though, we got talking and he has imported heaps of evo's for his sons and a couple of STI's, some mercs and he loves his classic motor bikes too.

Rescently he was building one of those lotus type roadsta cars with the 4AGE in them, but lost interest and did a 9m house bus instead.

Took him for a drill in the BG, he loved it!

Real interesting and clever guy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies