• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX STI V8 INFO PRO's & CON's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRXONP said:

Eww I was beside a ver 8 sti on the motor way last night number plate nom8s or some thing . . . . Sounded disgusting :(

That car can definately go though bro gave him a run once in my GC8 the dude was just toying with me he lives in Papakura Brad

Don't buy a V8 STi because you think it's faster than a V7. For the same price, V7 STi + mods will easily take down a stock V8 STi (and you'll get the boxer rumble too!).

Get the V8 STi for comfort over the V7. The primary difference is the seats, the V8 seats are a lot roomier and softer. The V7 STi ones are too hard for long distance driving, and are too narrow if you're fat.

Agreed, getting rid of twin scroll = expensive, troublesome, makes you slower.

hands down the ver7 sti is fucggly! you are comparing the ver7 spec C to a ver8 which shares the same heads. you will find getting power from a ver8 sti is a lot easier then a ver7 sti.. i had ver8 sti seats in my car and i prefer the ver7 sti ones. driven a standard ver7 sti the other day gutless as shit vs standard sti, hands down the ver8 is faster must be something to do with the cams, twinscroll turbo, or stainless steel twinscroll headers?

ver8 sti also gets DCCD which the ver7 sti dont have but ive seen one ver7sti spec c with one, if you really need DCCD... if you just want to buy a car just to goto the pub and just a cruise to pak n sav then a ver7 sti is the right car for you

ver8 sti has better speedo clusters compare to the gaybo ver7 sti ones

ver8 sti also got bigger scope which draws more cold air to your intercooler

if you dont mind drivin around in a ugly car then ver7 sti suits you well, first thing i would do if i get one, probably will one day i will ended up with one, i would do a ver8-10 facelift on it...

bang for buck go for ver7 sti

if you want a nice car and dont want to do too much mods on it then ver8 sti it is...

Lol yA gotta agree it's not the prettiest but bang for buck def on a v7 Sti

Interior wise seats on v7 look better as it's got the blue side ribs but don't know abt them being different feel to v8 as have tried both

Must say the dash on v8is cool tho with the opening ceremony

Again all these differences aside the balance goes to what is more important to u

Is it having bang for buck and proper suby sound then it's v7

If u ok without the rumble and have got bit more to spent the v8 is the go

Ride wise abt the same for both so not too much of a factor

Best u have a test drive in both and see what u think

Remember a v7 is cheaper and with some slight mods it will go all over a stock v8 and u will still have change oft from he asking price for v8 s hence the bang for bucks value

good condition evo 9's are around 30k on trade me atm, although I have heard that they are actually changing hands for around 25-28k. I know 20k gets you a V8 but what are the V9 sti's actually selling for?, there always seems to be the same 4-5 cars on trademe and they dont seem to sell.

again agreeing with people but only too a point, im guessing that u want a fastish car, thats good for everything? why a v8 or v7? get a legacy bigger, more useable, and if u really want but a single turbo in it? but i am a mad man so this may not be for u, but its what i would do if i had the choice

GC8E2DD said:

For version 8 STi money you can get a BL or BP single twin scroll turbo Legacy anyway.

yes twin scroll TD04! but slap in a vf37 ( you will need to change the extractors too they are not the same) and 3" exhaust FTW