Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 Suspension

Right so iv done a couple of cars putting version 7 suspension in.

1 my old foz with version 7 sti struts and spring

2, today a 1995 legacy , version 7 wrx struts and lwoering sprigns.

Also seen a number of foresters with them in..

What im wondering is why do the rears go automaticly to massive postivte camber??

All the foresters iv seen including my own had it

and the legacy today was that bad and that shit that we swapped back to the bilsteins..

Any idea why this is ?? And how you can counteract it anyway??

Simon C said:

Perhaps they're being lowered too far. Are the suspension arms above ground parallel? If so, that would explain it. Subarus like ride height.

Na wasnt to low and now the blistens with same springs have mint negative camber

^^ yes it was my legacy that we were changing shocks in and taking it for a test drive i/we almost collected a power pole :-\,

does anyone know what shocks are better V7 wrx shocks or GTB blistens? at the moment ive got blistens in the back and V7 in the front, i wanna change back to the blistens all round, sell the V7 shocks and admit defeat

Guest boostcut

the reason bilsteins have a bigger shaft is because thats actually the shock body.. they are an inverted shock design... the actual shaft/piston thing inside is only about 12mm thick in the rears and its bolted thru the bottom of the strut..

boostcut said:

the reason bilsteins have a bigger shaft is because thats actually the shock body.. they are an inverted shock design... the actual shaft/piston thing inside is only about 12mm thick in the rears and its bolted thru the bottom of the strut..

i thought V7 shocks were invert design to?

pl0x said:

Im pretty sure the top hats were totaly the same?

We used one of my Top hats and then saw they were the same and used one of the V7 top hats and they both looked to have the camber the same etc

yea for some reason the v7 top hats on the rear are the same s the TT legcies and the forrester is the same as the v6 ...

Im pretty sure the only difference i could see between gt and v7 shocks was, the spring looked around the other way (apart from the obvisous strut size etc)

like my gt springs will fit the v7 shocks and vise verser

na im sure v5/6 are same as early wrx & earlyist legacys?

v7 are the same as legacy and foz

But bradly said that the gt shocks didnt fit his foz? hmm maybe the answer here is

bradly = muppet lol try harder next time!!

pl0x said:

bradly = muppet lol try harder next time!!

hahaha that made me LOL in the office... :D

but on that note - just to confirm - i have done a tt legacy to v7 strait swap

and swaped between 7 and 8

and had to change the top hat on the rear between 5/6 and 7

so assuming from the posts above forrester is same as tt and 7? right?

That is odd. Version 7 WRX struts bolt straight into Foresters and twin turb Legacies, but not gc WRXs? Sorry if I am repeating the thread here, but reading it I feel like I'm trying to follow the ball under the cup as they get switched around =]

v1-6 would fit if you cahnged the top hats im sure....

v7 + tt legy + forester = straight swap

dont know what happened that night i tried to put the bilsteins in ...haha way to tired prob...

correct gc8 wont direct fit into foz or tt CAN with swapped rear top hats

boostcut said:

bro you can buy camber bolts from tyre shop to correct it... bout 40 a set...

+1

seeing as I would be classed as a noob (fair enough, its true) For what its worth, I have been planning on and searching out a set of V7/8 Sti struts for my foz (though Plox's WRX take offs are sounding tempting).

While researching for this as I'm otherwise bound to screw it up (like the legacy bilsteens I almost grabbed for example) camber bolts were pretty much a big part of the picture.

The Noltec dude on TM has or had them last time I looked.

Cheers