Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

HOLA!

Since I don't want to make a new thread for all my stupid questions (and when google fails me)

I'm gonna ask it here! So bear with me ;D

Why do BOVs go whoooooooooooooosh?! :P Don't kill me..

Anyone from Wellington got a big bore silencer I could borrow sometime for my WOF :D

What are the factory tints on WRX/STi?

I know I'm going to have more..

not sure about factory tints..

i know some export models do not come with factory tinted glass...

only JDM import ones..

you could rock up to any on-road or VTNZ station.. i'm sure they have a VLTM they can measure it with..

factory tint is 18% - and unless it comes factory on your car (suby rear windows) its illegal to put on after wards. - read: perfectly legal if it came like that from factory.

Also legal to put it on aftermarket on a trade vehicle.

Darkest legal you can put on aftermarket on a street car is 35%.

goes with out saying you can do the windscreen - all other windows are fair game.

yup.. factory tinted glass..

its not actually a film. the tint is in the glass itself..

it is only legal if it came from factory like that.

cops/warrant peeps look for the 'Subaru OK' logo to confirm its factory..

I know some Subbies come with a light tint on the front windows.. not sure how dark though..

nickch said:

yup.. factory tinted glass..

its not actually a film. the tint is in the glass itself..

Interesting, the factory tints on my car (AFAIK they're factory) are a film?? In some area's it's peeling and others scratched off from the previous owners dog.. But I do have a V3 so I guess that changed?

funkytown said:

factory tint is 18% - and unless it comes factory on your car (suby rear windows) its illegal to put on after wards. - read: perfectly legal if it came like that from factory.

Also legal to put it on aftermarket on a trade vehicle.

Darkest legal you can put on aftermarket on a street car is 35%.

goes with out saying you can do the windscreen - all other windows are fair game.

do you mean can't?

WRXONP said:

Put 5% on your wind screen bro then your a cool kid :P

Already have :P Black car, blackest tints, black rims. Win.

But now onto serious matters, differentials and leaking.

My front one is leaking reasonbly so, not dripping just staining it for lack of better explanation. Is there stages where you do different things or should I simply replace the seal and go from there?

I've only driven >150kms on it and about >40kms on it from when I've been aware (going to garages etc)

ty

Whats actually the leak ? Engine oil or gearbox oil ? Reason I ask is rear crank seal can leak all over the trans / front dif area . Also gearbox input seal . Or front axle seals . . Or gearbox case leaking at the join ? :S

• 1 month later...

cbf making new thread, good thing this ones here! Would it be worth buying a 2nd hand fully forged engine ? say around the 40,000km mark, always been looked after etc etc.. or would it be better to just build a new fully forged one ? just a random thought...

• Guest locked this topic