Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

I want to take the cover off my rear diff and coat it, is it going to be as simple as just taking the bolts out coating put back on tighten up, done? Or does it need to be torqued or what ever?

Also I want to check the inside of the gear box...would that be relatively simple...or?

And what does "shimmed" mean ?

The g/box and rear diff arnt in atm,

Churrrr

What does that button on the left of the steering wheel, with the little picture that looks like heating a window do? It turns orange when pushed it.. It looks like something to do with defogging the windscreen but nothing happens when its pushed??

eKulz said:

What does that button on the left of the steering wheel, with the little picture that looks like heating a window do? It turns orange when pushed it.. It looks like something to do with defogging the windscreen but nothing happens when its pushed??

could be de-icing for windscreen. my foz has that...

but thats on the right of the wheel in my car

eKulz said:

maybe the heating/deicing button for the WIPERS not whole windscreen

oh that kinda makes sense thanks.

Also i was wondering why the drivers side door doesn't activate the lights on the ceiling and the door light when opened? and on the dash the little diagram doesn't show the door in the red colour as being open? I'm thinking somethings been disconnected but i'm not sure where to look

eKulz said:

all the other doors and the boot is fine, activating lights and everything. Just not the drivers door.

Ya i mean the driver door might been disconnected or doesn't work properly and not send a signal when opened

• General Member
 B4 2000']

[quote name='eKulz said:

all the other doors and the boot is fine, activating lights and everything. Just not the drivers door.

/quote]

Ya i mean the driver door might been disconnected or doesn't work properly and not send a signal when opened

This, mine is curently disconnected on my WRX and same thing, no internal lights when doors open.

Its a little pressure switch on the door jam.

yea it's what i assumed was going on but my real question was where is this located? does it involve taking the door panel off? I'm going to be doing this soon anyway to put my new speakers in so i thought i could fix the switch aswell

• General Member

In the WRX its near the D shaped door catch beside your right elbow as you sit in the drivers seat with your door open.

I think its the same for Legacys but I haven't owned one in almost 10 years now. If there's any small holes in that area look to your passenger side as a guide. Mine got caught in the door closing one day somehow so I just took it out as a simple solution. Never got around to replacing it.

shouldnt be. just change it to a wrx or universal one with the same amount of wires. if you google the numbers off it what is it called? just a thought but is it a egt sensor? air/fuel senors werent on wrxes till v7-

no they are a heated narrowband o2 sensor. i cant remember which is which wire i just look them up and ship them out. if you have the number off it i can look it up. normally a denso number. so 285000-9120 or something like that

Shuffle said:

Hay guy new member here. Is a Turbo Timer necessary for a Stock 2001 E tune Legacy? Please help!

Nope, some might argue you need one but in all honesty just take it easy before arriving at your destination (if you were thrashing that is; normal driving should be an easy drive anyway) and you'll be sweet.

i always use mine only for 20seconds, but if i've gone for a long drive i've put it on for up to 3mins before can go up to 10min.

Dumb question i heard that when you turn your car over when starting it uses the same amount of gas as if you'd left it idling for 12mins? Is this true ???

QRAF said:

Dumb question i heard that when you turn your car over when starting it uses the same amount of gas as if you'd left it idling for 12mins? Is this true ???

carbs yes?, older cars maybe, newer cars no (some of the new generation cars comes with the Start/Stop system where the car shut off when you come to a complete stop and starts again once you press the gas pedal in order to "save you fuel" )

• Guest locked this topic