Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Sent: Sunday, 30 September 2012 11:41:16 p.m.

To:

Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we\'ll delete it after ten days.

Wait, it\'s safe! | I\'m not sure, show content

Hello,

My name is Mr. Andrew Turner, a Fund Manager with one of the worlds biggest investment company. I have been the personal Fund Manager to the late Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi for many years. You may wish to visit the link to confirm. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/20/muammar-gaddafi-dies-city-birth) Total sum of Fifteen Million, Seven Hundred and Forty Five Thousand British Pounds (15,745,000.00) GBP was invested on behalf of the late president of LIBYA under a SECRET CODE INVESTMENT where none of his personal information’s was used for the investment. This was a secret between both of us until his death last year. Now that former President Muammar Gaddafi is DEAD,i am contacting you for your partnership so that we can claim the funds as mentioned above. I will handle all the expenses and will require your assistance in investing the funds in your country.

Sincerely,

Mr. Andrew Turner.

Im currently jumping for joy...should i reply :)

• General Member
 hate-evoz']

+ why take it before it runs out? lol i usually go for wofs few days after lol get my moneys worth

Buying a vehicle and wanted to get it check. Went for a WOF instead of pre purchase -.-

I\'d be going from Auckland to Wellington.

Shot Jared! Answers everything, chur.

[quote name='Swindog said:

If a cop checked it out youd probably get done for failed wof as legally your car isnt legal as of that moment in time.

Does that carry demerits?

Marky said:

I\'m sure they look at me sideways when a young-ish (ok almost 30) guy comes in wearing a hoody etc and starts hunting around the irrigation section

Should ask them where they keep the heat lamps and extraction fans for lawls

pro tip: the adjustable drip feed things make for a fantastic sub $1 boost controller in a pinch haha

I did just this, also young in a hoody. Had to buy a 20pack of nuts to fit the bolt I had, only could find m5 ones in my box of bits, not m4. 85c for the T piece, I assume it doesnt matter that the openeings of the T piece of bigger than the openeing of the sensor, as long as it fits the air tube?

Jambun']

+ why take it before it runs out? lol i usually go for wofs few days after lol get my moneys worth

Buying a vehicle and wanted to get it check. Went for a WOF instead of pre purchase -.-

I\'d be going from Auckland to Wellington.

Shot Jared! Answers everything, chur.

[quote name='Swindog said:

If a cop checked it out youd probably get done for failed wof as legally your car isnt legal as of that moment in time.

/quote]

Does that carry demerits?

Probably but chances of getting pulled up are slim, unless your being a goon. I struggle to see why people without wofs and regs think they can still speed and do doughnuts and get away with it...

JoKer said:

growing number of Highway Patrol cars are wearing APR\'s these days no? [Automatic Plate Recognition Camera systems]

agree chances are slim

Yep trial of the equipment ends later this year then prepare for a nationwide roll out LOL

hate-evoz']

[quote name='JoKer said:

growing number of Highway Patrol cars are wearing APR\'s these days no? Automatic Plate Recognition Camera systems]

agree chances are slim

Yep trial of the equipment ends later this year then prepare for a nationwide roll out LOL

Revenue gathering - nuff said

well if your cars legit you should have nothing to worry about.

• Admin
 chappell943 said:

If your car doesn\'t have a wof or reg it shouldn\'t be on the road, enough said. One of the best ways to make the roads safer is to get all the death traps of it.

Oh bulls***. I\'m going to get on my soapbox here and shout at you to climb down off yours.

I recently took my Surf off the road for about 6 months to do an engine conversion on it. Once the conversion was done I drove it about half an hour in each direction to and from the LVV certifier before I could get a WOF and Reg. Are you saying I should have trailered my perfectly safe vehicle back and forth instead?

boon']

[quote name='chappell943 said:

If your car doesn\'t have a wof or reg it shouldn\'t be on the road, enough said. One of the best ways to make the roads safer is to get all the death traps of it.

/quote]

Oh bulls***. I\'m going to get on my soapbox here and shout at you to climb down off yours.

I recently took my Surf off the road for about 6 months to do an engine conversion on it. Once the conversion was done I drove it about half an hour in each direction to and from the LVV certifier before I could get a WOF and Reg. Are you saying I should have trailered my perfectly safe vehicle back and forth instead?

Legally yes,

:o Boon whoa, you know damn well what is meant here,It is the mentality of the people who think they are above the law and don,t need to have a road legal car or ute or what ever an put you an me in danger because of their mentality. >:(

I think revenue gathering is the wrong way to go about it though, driver ability and awareness need to be upped just as much as car safety; there are so many people out there on the road without proper experience or ability(I\'m no exception, only on my restricted going for defensive sometime in the holidays) but people don\'t employ methods even ones mentioned in the road code, to drive to the conditions, always check ahead for possible hazards etc. Defensive driving initiative by the govt I reckon would be good. Pay 80 for the course or 160 to not do it. Good idea? Probably not feasible, but it would be good for atleast all new drivers to have to undergo a defensive for a full.

• Admin
 We are borg']

/quote]

Legally yes,

Legally no - you can operate a vehicle on a road without registration or evidence of inspection for the purpose of taking the vehicle to a place of repair or inspection, as long as it is safe to do so.

Clause 10.2(2) of the Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Standards Compliance 2002:

10.2(2) Despite 10.2(1), a person may operate a vehicle in service after the expiry of a warrant of fitness, a certificate of fitness or an alternative fuel inspection certificate if the vehicle is being operated solely for the purpose of bringing it into compliance and it is safe to be operated for that purpose.

boon']

/quote]

Legally yes,

Legally no - you can operate a vehicle on a road without registration or evidence of inspection for the purpose of taking the vehicle to a place of repair or inspection, as long as it is safe to do so.

Clause 10.2(2) of the Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Standards Compliance 2002:

10.2(2) Despite 10.2(1), a person may operate a vehicle in service after the expiry of a warrant of fitness, a certificate of fitness or an alternative fuel inspection certificate if the vehicle is being operated solely for the purpose of bringing it into compliance and it is safe to be operated for that purpose.

Dammit, I was just going to post that! Found this instead

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/warrants-certifications/getting-wof/about.html

I swear I read it that you were allowed to drive it for the purposes of getting a WOF or for repair to get it to WOF standard as well. But that was deep in the website and I cba finding it now. :P

boon and firenza above - correct. you\'re allowed to do that.

but i think the legislation should not affect this? sure you might get pulled over, but how hard is it to prove you have appointments at said places, and or the following day / days the paperwork would be up to date for your vehicle so should be exempted / let off.

Is how it works now anyways. so i dun see what the fuss is

94 Leone said:

I think revenue gathering is the wrong way to go about it though, driver ability and awareness need to be upped just as much as car safety; there are so many people out there on the road without proper experience or ability(I\'m no exception, only on my restricted going for defensive sometime in the holidays) but people don\'t employ methods even ones mentioned in the road code, to drive to the conditions, always check ahead for possible hazards etc. Defensive driving initiative by the govt I reckon would be good. Pay 80 for the course or 160 to not do it. Good idea? Probably not feasible, but it would be good for atleast all new drivers to have to undergo a defensive for a full.

Really what does defensive teach you though? How to pass your licence and little else which is the only reason people used to do it. The local dude used to tell people how to pass their licence then tell them how to drive/corner etc but in saying that he did have a 2001 sti forester as a teaching vehicle and the odd person gave it a fang with no quibbles... IMO driver training should be how to get out of slides etc coz if you hit loose metal and you dont know what youre doing it could end badly. And teaching how to handle a car at 180kph just in case your throttle jams one day...

not sure if serious evowrx.. ALL driver training should be road based, and stay the fek away from the \'race track\'. wrong set of skills to be teaching folk.

should be about what happens to your car when its wet w.r.t to stopping and vehicle handling, what happens going round ROAD corners on tarseal and following distances.

What happens when you\'re carrying a weighted load, how to manage appropriate speed IN traffic, how to merge IN traffic. over taking distances and methods. HOW TO USE A PASSING LANE..

some of that cant be practiced on the open road obviosuly but the scenarios matched to REAL driving, not how to skid a car round a race track.

evowrx']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

/quote]

Really what does defensive teach you though? How to pass your licence and little else which is the only reason people used to do it. The local dude used to tell people how to pass their licence then tell them how to drive/corner etc but in saying that he did have a 2001 sti forester as a teaching vehicle and the odd person gave it a fang with no quibbles... IMO driver training should be how to get out of slides etc coz if you hit loose metal and you dont know what youre doing it could end badly. And teaching how to handle a car at 180kph just in case your throttle jams one day...

Just in case? I haven\'t done a defensive yet, but if anything they should be Vamped up for higher standard.

Somewhat serious somewhat not. People dont know how to drive but teaching them how to pull out of slides on the road could be a little dangerous. We are on the same page just that people have no idea how to drive and how do they learn?

My old lady was court ordered to do a defensive after she had a crash. Roadworkers didnt put out a 50kph sign up so she came round a corner 100kph in a van, hit the loose metal and slid out. Like the defensive was gonna help the botherin road sign wasnt there...

Teach people how to do 100 in a 100 zone too...

I did an advanced defensive driving course not long ago, genuinely taught me a few good habits - and I used to drive for a living. Majority of it was more about learning to predict other road users & hazards, as opposed to "how to drive your car".

Also taught a fair bit of the class some of the basics they literally didn\'t understand - like what stamping the brakes can do mid corner, things like that - for car minded people it\'s (in theory) simple stuff but for joe bloggs it can be an eye opener.

Compared to what is required to pass learners / restricted it\'s worthwhile doing.

How to handle 180kph with a jammed throttle - how about learn to knock a car into neutral?

yeah: my dad drives a fert truck, get quite a bit of distance over the roads, but being that it is so wide it damn near needs pilot vehicles, people don\'t understand that they need to give it a berth. In the cab of a truck, you see so much stupid shit, It\'s amazing some people even have licences tbh

• Guest locked this topic