Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Marky']

[quote name='Marky said:

Part number on mine is C36-700 R92 (I had it by my desk, conveniently)

If yours is too then yay we\'re AFM buddies

/quote]

As above is the equivalent of what jack and the beanstalk is to barrack obama - no relation.

What

That particular number means jack.

Marky said:

Oh - that\'s the part number I have to quote to suby to get replacements

R92 = Turbo AFM

R82 = N/A 2.5 AFM

They\'re calibrated different but share a housing

Turbo all the same in the options I gave above. My cars retarded it seemed to chew afm and swapping in would fix the issue. Every time one failed I would try all the buggered ones with no fix. Now after going G4 I sold em all off or gave away for beer money and they seem to work fine. WTF! So if your car does this sell it and buy an evo, you wont look back till the roof rusts through.

Wikipedia said:

On 10 November 1951, Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of the Guinness Breweries,[5] went on a shooting party in the North Slob, by the River Slaney in County Wexford, Ireland. He became involved in an argument over which was the fastest game bird in Europe, the golden plover or the grouse (the former being correct). That evening at Castlebridge House, he realised that it was impossible to confirm in reference books whether or not the golden plover was Europe\'s fastest game bird.[6][7] Beaver knew that there must be numerous other questions debated nightly in pubs throughout Ireland, but there was no book in the world with which to settle arguments about records. He realised then that a book supplying the answers to this sort of question might prove popular.

Koom']

[quote name='Wikipedia said:

On 10 November 1951, Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of the Guinness Breweries,5] went on a shooting party in the North Slob, by the River Slaney in County Wexford, Ireland. He became involved in an argument over which was the fastest game bird in Europe, the golden plover or the grouse (the former being correct). That evening at Castlebridge House, he realised that it was impossible to confirm in reference books whether or not the golden plover was Europe\'s fastest game bird.[6][7] Beaver knew that there must be numerous other questions debated nightly in pubs throughout Ireland, but there was no book in the world with which to settle arguments about records. He realised then that a book supplying the answers to this sort of question might prove popular.

1358006445_1992000517.gif

what are you trying to work on ?

doesn anyone bother doing much with bump steer correction on a gc8 that isnt stupidly low ?

like its on coilovers and has 2 fingers gap between the guard and 215,45,17

just installed a w.a.l.k . noticed a big improvement straight a

way . during reading up about it some people also think you need bump steer correction aswell

• Admin
 lachlan said:

doesn anyone bother doing much with bump steer correction on a gc8 that isnt stupidly low ?

way . during reading up about it some people also think you need bump steer correction aswell

How badly does it bump steer? My V7 is about that height and during certain conditions (accelerating around a corner, hitting a bump with moderate steering angle) the steering does all sorts of weird stuff. Something to do with the change of geometry as the suspension goes through its travel.

Apparently the roll centre adjusters are the way to go.

boon']

[quote name='lachlan said:

/quote]

How badly does it bump steer? My V7 is about that height and during certain conditions (accelerating around a corner, hitting a bump with moderate steering angle) the steering does all sorts of weird stuff. Something to do with the change of geometry as the suspension goes through its travel.

Apparently the roll centre adjusters are the way to go.

i dont think it bump steers all that much really . nothing ive noticed and if i havent noticed it cant be too bad .

cheers anyway

lachlan']

special people can vote on every post someone makes

positive karma is when someone learns something from someone they look up to .

negative karma is when someone learns something from someone they look down to

Or for shits and giggles.

[quote name='B4 I was 250T said:

1999 Legacy. Only wondering for the future. Seemed like a good idea to get a single turbo conversion in the future...

As long as they have the same ECU plugs just do the re-wire as per gazzy\'s AAMMAAZING instructions (BH TT- ST, same for BE; just harder to get to the FPCM) and if you have the foz engine and loom it\'ll probably make it even easier. providing they\'re the same plugs: which if they\'re the same model year they should be.

• Guest locked this topic