Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

B4 I was 250T said:

ok but from my mediocre knowledge banks the 2.5 turbo in the foz didn\'t come out to 05?? ish?? so therefore would just be easier to use foz ecu,loom etc yeah?

Ask anyone that\'s done a loom swap: that\'s never the easier option.

Unless you are putting in a link; I\'d stick with a 2L.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='lachlan said:

special people can vote on every post someone makes

positive karma is when you are helpful

negative karma is when your a cock

/quote]

Lachlan nailed it

Someone on here is of serious magnum proportions if thats the way karmas awarded.

94 Leone said:

CRC.

just pull them out heaps(all out, retract, rinse and repeat); clean off the gunk, lighter the edges to stop the frays slowing it down.

Illegal and dangerous as it weakens the belt, not as if your life depends on it or anything

a "frayed" belt ( that little fluffy bits on the sides) are a WOF fail, so if you dodgy it by melting them, then you are driving a vehicle that is not at WOF state and also you may have weakened the belt enough to be the difference between serious injury and death.

What if you\'ve got discarded pieces from 2 really broken gearboxes? Is anything worth keeping?

Have inadvertantly destroyed 2x type-r gearboxes in 1 year, and have all the left-over parts. I\'ll keep the spare dccd internal unit but the dccd case itself is a little shattered - don\'t ask - some dodgy purchase I never noticed till too late. :)

About the only other thing maybe worth keeping could be the main case - someone please tell me this too is useless.

Help me throw this stuff away.

Kamineko was looking for 3rd synchro cone I think he would have a grin if you could help.

Ritchies used to buy 4+ belts a month of us just for the local buses theyre hell stringent but need to be. Would get thrown out of a COF with the slightest mark.

Divine said:

If I plasti-dip my wheels, how long should it be expected to last?

Some people say 6months ish some say 2 years (from american forums) so its just one of those things. Although knowing NZ roads id say about 10 minutes.

tebbyj']

[quote name='Divine said:

If I plasti-dip my wheels, how long should it be expected to last?

/quote]

Some people say 6months ish some say 2 years (from american forums) so its just one of those things. Although knowing NZ roads id say about 10 minutes.

7 minutes being Christchurch roads.

SWAGGN said:

Can these blocks be used for a 2.2L build??? not to sure if the heads i have will bolt up as i think these blocks are a SOHC motor??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-611394031.htm

Yes but they are open deck so need either dowels jb weld or machined press in spacer . Also that is a rip .they are only worth 250 , well that\'s all I paid for a complete one a month ago

lachlan']

[quote name='SWAGGN said:

Can these blocks be used for a 2.2L build??? not to sure if the heads i have will bolt up as i think these blocks are a SOHC motor??

url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-611394031.htm[/url]

Yes but they are open deck so need either dowels jb weld or machined press in spacer . Also that is a rip .they are only worth 250 , well that\'s all I paid for a complete one a month ago

errr yes they can be used.. NO they are not deemed a must to dowel or close in the decks.. it might be advisable depending on the build requirements which arent mentioned here anywhere.

Being SOHC makes no difference - EJ20 heads bolt up fine, there is a small underlap in the head dish but its not required to be machined out if you dont wish.

and yes, it is a rip - they arent worth that coin

• Guest locked this topic