Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

G-Man']

[quote name='lachlan said:

top = a pos that does nothing other than make the "cat over temp " light (icon looks like a mufflerwith heat waves ) on the dash light up .

/quote]

so would it be possible to get rid of it

Yep most aftermarket downpipes don\'t have a spot for them just unplug it and tie the plug up somewhere

Roo']

[quote name='lachlan said:

top = a pos that does nothing other than make the "cat over temp " light (icon looks like a mufflerwith heat waves ) on the dash light up .

/quote]

so would it be possible to get rid of it

Yep most aftermarket downpipes don\'t have a spot for them just unplug it and tie the plug up somewhere

and pop the light.

I generally do the furtherest one first and work my way forward because thats how I was told to do it.

If its really old fluid, I have been known to bleed the front, then the rears and then back to the fronts again to make sure I\'ve gotten as much of the old stuff out as possible.

I used to do that too start furthest away and work to the front this is perhaps ok with older vehicles (which l\'ve had) with a single circuit braking system.

But now with modern dual circuit systems (diagonally configured front / rear) this method isn\'t recommended

now they say to start at front right (closest to master cylinder) then left rear, then left front then right rear.

just posting links on/from a previous thread on this discussion

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,1337.0.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BigBen123/media/brakes_subie.jpg.html

rslegacy90 said:

things like brakes really need to be done properly..

get yourself a copy of the service manual or a haynes, your asking for trouble following the mis-information that is clubsub.

anyway here is the page you need buddy (covers abs and non-abs)

just save it on your pc then zoom in with paint or pshop so you can read it..

brakes_subie.jpg

Al_baru said:

I spilt smelly diff oil in the boot and the carpet is oily and stinks bad. Does anyone have suggestions how to get the oil out?

At present the carpet is clipped to the garage wall and draining oil out.

soap and a high pressure water blaster

Pretty sure degreaser would Fuck the carpet

sobanoodle said:

Which line to T-in a boost gauge?

qsg6.jpg

PS: not mine pic

Either one will work (although legacies I think have one hose with a one-way valve on the manifold?)

So long as it\'s a hose coming from manifold with nothing bleeding off it, you\'re fine

Plenty of folks use the BOV hose

just put a d1 spec velocity meter in the wrx ( identicle to pivot one ) and as soon as i move it jumps from 0 to max reading 350 kph . no matter what number of pulses i put the setting on ? the workshop manual says the signal is 5v pulse and i read somewhere else it is 4 pulse per rpm ?

only want it as a speed cut defender for tomoro . failing that ill put a switch in it and turb it off at 180 and back on at the next corner lol

Marky']

[quote name='sobanoodle said:

/quote]

Either one will work (although legacies I think have one hose with a one-way valve on the manifold?)

So long as it\'s a hose coming from manifold with nothing bleeding off it, you\'re fine

Cheers Marky, I\'d used BOV hose, just wanted to double check. ;)

sobanoodle']

/quote]

Or use Hose 22 to Tee off.

Queston:

I installed Sony Vegas Pro 12, rendered a video which maxed out my CPU for around 8 minutes, now my PC is running SO SLOW. ideas?

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz

8gb DDR3 ram

GeForce GT630M - yes it\'s a lapterp

Have you finished the rendering? and finihsed with vegas?

Task manager>vegas program>right click>Go to process>, end process.

"Have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

Get a better computer?

Turn all other apps/programs off while using?

Perform disk defragment

• Admin
 Divine']

/quote]

Or use Hose 22 to Tee off.

Queston:

I installed Sony Vegas Pro 12, rendered a video which maxed out my CPU for around 8 minutes, now my PC is running SO SLOW. ideas?

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz

8gb DDR3 ram

GeForce GT630M - yes it\'s a lapterp

At a guess, it\'s thrashed it hard enough that it has got really hot and thermally throttled.

Either that or the rendering engine doesn\'t release memory cleanly when it\'s finished with it. Reboot.

ADIKT']

[quote name='Al_baru said:

I spilt smelly diff oil in the boot and the carpet is oily and stinks bad. Does anyone have suggestions how to get the oil out?

/quote]soap and a high pressure water blaster

Pretty sure degreaser would bother the carpet

Thanks, I was going to degreaser it then water blast it. Will soak with detergent then water blaster it. That should fix it

Al_baru']

[quote name='Al_baru said:

/quote]soap and a high pressure water blaster

Pretty sure degreaser would bother the carpet

Thanks, I was going to degreaser it then water blast it. Will soak with detergent then water blaster it. That should fix it

I\'ll be surprised if you can get the smell out. Might need a trip to pick-a-part. I have a beanie that still smells after 3 years

and a lot of washing. It\'s faded over time, but it\'s still there.

• Guest locked this topic