Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Marky']

[quote name='Shaun said:

how does E85 produce power gains?

my car is currently making 200kw at 17psi boost on 98.

If i tune it for E85 will it make more power on the same boost

/quote]

Absolute bees knees is if you got a "flexfuel" setup, which is basically a fancy sensor so the ECU knows what octane of fuel you have (say you had a 1/4 tank of petrol and 3/4 E85... or whatever) and adjusts the tune to suit

im doing this bloody good idea . i think the new bmw\'s run the same system

rex-leggy']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

What should your oil pressure be? Is there a set "acceptable" number or does it vary from engine to engine?

/quote]

rule of thumb from what i know is you want 10 psi per 1000 rpm. when at running temp

^ this. obviously cold general means pressure a lot higher for given rpm.

So my headunit has decided to be difficult by staying on (illuminated anyway, nothing on the screen) as well as my aerial up when the ignition is off & keys are out of the car.

Lucky I\'ve got a half decent battery or I may have had a nightmare getting to work this morning :-\

Ideas?

Would call that a headunit fault. If it was a wiring fault I imagine the radio would remain functional with the key off, as would acc socket and other accessory powered things.

Either way the headunits gotta come out so you should just check the wiring while you have it forward.

It might even come okay with resetting it (unplug for a few minutes)

kwi_fozze']

fault within headunit or short in the wiring behind unit. check fuses, check for burning on cables, replace headunit

[quote name='Roo said:

Would call that a headunit fault. If it was a wiring fault I imagine the radio would remain functional with the key off, as would acc socket and other accessory powered things.

Either way the headunits gotta come out so you should just check the wiring while you have it forward.

It might even come okay with resetting it (unplug for a few minutes)

Okay good stuff. The headunit is utterly pathetic anyway, so I can\'t say I\'m surprised. Have been meaning to replace it for sometime now but haven\'t got around to it. Guess now I\'ll be doing it sooner rather than later :D

Thanks guys.

Divine said:

Clubsub loads in google chrome, google loads, I can search pages in Google, but nothing else will load! Facebook, YouTube, any other page except clubsub and Google Search!

Wat do.

Have reset router, flushed DNS etc

Can you ping those sites?

Timmah']

[quote name='Divine said:

Clubsub loads in google chrome, google loads, I can search pages in Google, but nothing else will load! Facebook, YouTube, any other page except clubsub and Google Search!

Wat do.

Have reset router, flushed DNS etc

/quote]

Can you ping those sites?

Yup averages 178ms

Also as an example, your signature on your forum account isn\'t loading. Nothing seems to work. I streamed youtube all of last night however.

I can play those stupid Dr Who games on youtube, ping all sites, but none are loading

And yes i\'ve reset router, i\'m looking at it\'s settings atm and nothing is out of the ordinary.

"

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because facebook.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Check your Internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don\'t believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Error code: ERR_TIMED_OUT

""

We are borg said:

tried running a speed test ? u may of run out of internets

Can\'t load any websites except this one. Can\'t even get onto Snaps website which should be unmetered. I have 250gb so doubt it\'s been used

- I can play World of Tanks, but no websites work

Whaaaaaaaat the hell is this I don\'t even.

• Guest locked this topic