Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Would you really trust your motor to Chinese knock-off injectors? Likewise fuel rails, FPRs, things like that...

I\'m happy to run a Chinese exhaust gasket and things like that because if it fails, no big deal.

Things that will completely destroy your motor if they fail? No thank you.

Roo said:

Woah they have nismo 740cc copies for $30 a piece too!

Says they\'re OE but how do we know if we can believe them?

They\'re probably all the failed units that didn\'t come within spec so failed at the quality control checks. I\'ve never come across someone in China who will willingly throw away anything so all those failed parts have to end up somewhere ;D

Also met a guy last time I was there who\'d found a supplier for beats by dre headphones right out the back door of the factory. So the would either come under "genuine" knockoff\'s, our the failed QC parts but still from the actual factory.

• Admin
 Koom']

[quote name='Roo said:

Woah they have nismo 740cc copies for $30 a piece too!

Says they\'re OE but how do we know if we can believe them?

/quote]

They\'re probably all the failed units that didn\'t come within spec so failed at the quality control checks. I\'ve never come across someone in China who will willingly throw away anything so all those failed parts have to end up somewhere ;D

Also met a guy last time I was there who\'d found a supplier for beats by dre headphones right out the back door of the factory. So the would either come under "genuine" knockoff\'s, our the failed QC parts but still from the actual factory.

Sometimes you can get what\'s called "third shift" goods - where the workers stay on beyond their scheduled hours and crank out additional products, sometimes without serial numbers/official branding, which they sell on the grey market. The overseers turn a blind eye as long as they\'re getting cut in on the deal. So you get what is essentially the same as the real deal, just without any warranty etc.

Important to distinguish between a third shift product and an actual knock-off where the only similarities are the appearance.

funkytown said:

you need to find the gearbox code off your passenger side strut tower.

but likely to be open front, viscous center and rear

Better off the box on bellhousing passenger side. Who knows if its had another box thrown in it or not. We know this hasnt but just in case.

evowrx']

[quote name='funkytown said:

you need to find the gearbox code off your passenger side strut tower.

but likely to be open front, viscous center and rear

/quote]

Better off the box on bellhousing passenger side. Who knows if its had another box thrown in it or not. We know this hasnt but just in case.

and neekk minit... no sticker on the box. ;)

Problem: I have 2 Samsung TV\'s in my house. 1 in my lounge and 1 in my room. I plug my laptop into my bedrooms TV via HDMI and watch movies. All of a sudden my TV shows \'NO SIGNAL\' . I plugged my laptop into the TV in my lounge and it worked fine. I plugged my Xbox into the TV in my room with the same HDMI cable and that worked fine, but my laptop and the TV in my room just will not work anymore. It used to work fine. Ideas?

TL:DR laptop and tv wont work via HDMI anymore

Hotplugging HDMI is not always fine.

In theory it should be OK and often will be OK but when problems suddenly appear, as in the OP\'s case, a cold restart usually resets everything.

The low voltage DC carried through HDMI is often enough to scramble the HDMI handshaking process, especially in less robust consumer gear.

• Guest locked this topic