Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

evowrx said:

Do you just throw a 2.5 79mm crank in a EJ20 block to achieve a 2.2 with this rod/piston combo?

http://www.excessiveracing.com/manley620000c-4.aspx

http://www.excessiveracing.com/manley14024-4.aspx

It\'s a 2.1 stroker if it\'s a 79mm crank in a standard ej20 bore.

(But you need to be careful with mixing phase 1 with phase 2 between the heads and the pistons.

From a long distant memory, Mahle and Wiseco were the only ones with off the shelf pistons for phase 1 heads. Most of the stroker stuff from the states is for phase 2 stuff afaik.

If you put that crank in an ej22 block it\'s a 2.35 stroker.

A 75mm crank in an ej25 is a 2.35 de-stroker.

B4 2000 said:

yes and no!

a 79mm crank in ej20 block should give you ~ 2.13 ish iirc so i guess rounding up it\'s 2.2

That\'s some pretty big Swedish rounding going there :P

Kind of like saying that my 220kw BMW has 300kw\'s because that\'s the next round number up ;D

It\'s a common misnomer that it makes it a 2.2 and no one on here should ever repeat it!

evowrx said:

Talking P2.

you need to be careful on crank selection, some have a 52mm journal some the smaller.... .??? 49mm journal... get the 52mm crank and you can use normal ej20 rods, get the other and it does stupid shit.

also be VERY careful with the stroker, 99% of the time you end up with the oil ring set below the gudgeon pin height at the bottom of the stroke - they EAT litres of oil.. VERY bad build.

funkytown']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Talking P2.

/quote]

you need to be careful on crank selection, some have a 52mm journal some the smaller.... . ??? 49mm journal... get the 52mm crank and you can use normal ej20 rods, get the other and it does stupid s***.

also be VERY careful with the stroker, 99% of the time you end up with the oil ring set below the gudgeon pin height at the bottom of the stroke - they EAT litres of oil.. VERY bad build.

Sounds stoopid thats the issue you had correct? Why design something so shokcing and continue to produce it.

correct. VERY retardo...

they claim it doesnt affect it.... but heaps of cars in the states running this have terrible blow by... wonder why..

they adjusted the gudgeon pin height in the piston and didnt make any adjustments to the ring heights, so the bottom one sucks down to far.

do a real 2.2.. they are much cooler.

75mm stroke, 97.5mm bore. boom, 2214 or there abouts, and they like to rev

funkytown said:

correct. VERY retardo...

they claim it doesnt affect it.... but heaps of cars in the states running this have terrible blow by... wonder why..

they adjusted the gudgeon pin height in the piston and didnt make any adjustments to the ring heights, so the bottom one sucks down to far.

do a real 2.2.. they are much cooler.

75mm stroke, 97.5mm bore. boom, 2214 or there abouts, and they like to rev

97.5mm?

I wont be doing anything I just like to know things. :D

chulozumo said:

How long can bp 98 sit around for before it starts dropping its octane?

Been sitting in the tank for a few months and smells a bit like thinners, well doesnt smell like youd expect 98 too anyway..

tbh also depends on the tolerance in your tune, and degree of anger your motor is set up for

As soon as fuel is exposed to air it starts to lose octane. Fuel has been independently tested and nz fuel is crap. 98 turned out to be 96 in an average and 95 was 94, 91 was the worst around 87. So crap. If it smells off it can start to varnish up the inside of your tank and tune and hoses etc. So change it asap

gotasuby said:

As soon as fuel is exposed to air it starts to lose octane. Fuel has been independently tested and nz fuel is crap. 98 turned out to be 96 in an average and 95 was 94, 91 was the worst around 87. So crap. If it smells off it can start to varnish up the inside of your tank and tune and hoses etc. So change it asap

And the BP spokesperson told me 98 was a minimum of 98! the LIES!

• Guest locked this topic