Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

All sti imprezas from v9 onwards are 5x114.3 in every market, forester sti etc are still 5x100. Biggest advantage is wheel selection, and when racing the bolt in 5x114.3 bearings are a lot stronger, last longer and you don\'t get pad knockback with the brembos like on the sti v7/8.

zeroyon223 said:

All sti imprezas from v9 onwards are 5x114.3 in every market, forester sti etc are still 5x100. Biggest advantage is wheel selection, and when racing the bolt in 5x114.3 bearings are a lot stronger, last longer and you don\'t get pad knockback with the brembos like on the sti v7/8.

Ah sweet as thanks for that.

Cheers for the super fast response as well!

I\'ve gone back to the drawing board now, I know coil packs are either dying within 200km or at least end up not working properly but I don\'t know why, would some sort of electrical fault cause this? seems to be only on the drivers side so far, possibly just one of the 2 cylinders.

Skatieguy said:

I\'ve gone back to the drawing board now, I know coil packs are either dying within 200km or at least end up not working properly but I don\'t know why, would some sort of electrical fault cause this? seems to be only on the drivers side so far, possibly just one of the 2 cylinders.

Check all your Earths between the Battery/Block/Engine Bay, something might be corroded or loose.

Check the Loom Plugs on the failing side Coils, make sure the Plastic Clips are there and the Plugs are Tight. Give the Loom Plugs a clean too, I\'ve found mine covered in Oil before.

Maybe even remove the Coils and Clean the Heads/Rocker Covers up, where the Coil Plate contacts the Head. They Earth through the Head, so Gunk/Grease/Corrosion will brake the Earth, causing the Coil to Overheat.

Skatieguy']

Thanks rosssub I will have a look see what I can find.

No worries mate, good luck. ;D

Will a twin turbo bov work on a single turbo lol?

[quote name='funkytown said:

yup it would.. but it would suck ballz

subject to the right piping and a wastegate setup.

Why would it suck Balls? I was planning to use my OEM TT Recirc BOV for my Conversion.

chulozumo said:

Are pcv valves the same through out different manifolds? Seems I need a new one for the v7 manifold, but ive got a v5/6 one sitting here as well as a v1/2

Should be the same? Double check the Threads besides each other.

Could also blow and suck through both, to make sure they function the same. Some Valves bleed slightly one way.

funkytown said:

ah brain fart. i saw turbo not the bov bit. its been a very long ten days at work

That\'ll do it, Sicky Time. ;D (mental health driving day)

I\'ll be removing the 0.8mm Restrictor Pill from my OEM TT BOV Hose, figure an Open Hose will help the BOV stay shut under Boost.

Rosssub']

[quote name='chulozumo said:

Are pcv valves the same through out different manifolds? Seems I need a new one for the v7 manifold, but ive got a v5/6 one sitting here as well as a v1/2

/quote]

Should be the same? Double check the Threads besides each other.

Could also blow and suck through both, to make sure they function the same. Some Valves bleed slightly one way.

V5/6/7 are the same anyway so would guess it never changed.

• General Member
 ADIKT']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Where would I find a Turbo Beanie to fit a VF22 in NZ?

I found a U.S. site but was hoping to buy local if I can.

/quote]i was going to get one of the ptp ones. Which go under the internal actuator arm

Who are PTP?

I was looking at these guys...

http://www.thermalzero.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=37

The dollars good and shipping\'s pretty quick nowadays. I assume a VF22 would be a large VF. They look made to fit under the Actuator arm.

Okay;Vacuum pressure, 20 at idle is good, normal. What about my vacuum now sitting at 30 at idle? I know less vacuum at idle is bad, but no one really goes over the possibility of more vacuum. Car sounds fine at idle. Although there is the issue of water pumping itself into the overflow tank. Car reaches normal boost fine(Achieved this before I realised it wanted to throw water out and prone to overheating) Anyone else has had any encounters with excessive vacuum?

Cheers.

• Guest locked this topic