Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

broku420gtb said:

heres my dumb question, I\'m using the MAP from my BBod for my single turbo link ecu conversion... what does the MAP get t\'d into is it just the manifold?

MAP straight to mani no t-ing whatsoever.

Timmah said:

Why does Z 95 make my car feel \'smoother\' than BP 98? ???

Fuel Quality? Or an Octane Rating slightly higher than specified?

How old is your Air Filter? Slight restriction could make it happier on 95 maybe?

Tune related, (de-tune related)? Slightly different Timing etc for each Octane?

Combustion Chamber Carbon Build Up/Compression related? Upper Cylinder Cleaner.

I\'ll use 95/96 as a last resort, then flush it out completely. Then do an ECU Reset. Maybe your ECU has already taught itself to be happy with 95?

Rosssub']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Why does Z 95 make my car feel \'smoother\' than BP 98? ???

/quote]

Fuel Quality? Or an Octane Rating slightly higher than specified?

How old is your Air Filter? Slight restriction could make it happier on 95 maybe?

Tune related, (de-tune related)? Slightly different Timing etc for each Octane?

Combustion Chamber Carbon Build Up/Compression related? Upper Cylinder Cleaner.

I\'ll use 95/96 as a last resort, then flush it out completely. Then do an ECU Reset. Maybe your ECU has already taught itself to be happy with 95?

Air filter less than 5000k old.

Upper cylinder cleaner done around 7ish thousand k\'s ago. Never smoked much.

I\'ve never used 95 until a few days ago when I was no where near a BP with 98 and had to pop in some fuel.

I\'ve always thought my car was tuned for 100 being "JDM" and it\'s not been altered in anyway.

When Dacerx used my fuel pump to get his RA home. His car had 95 in it. When we first took my fuel pump out of my car, it was some grey dusty like crap around it. Taking it out of Dacerx\'s car, my fuel pump was new looking. Not sure what that means though.

Rosssub said:

Is it Idling smoother? Seems like better Power etc?

Can\'t tell any power difference through out my daily driving with the occasional sprint. Maybe it\'s a little rev happy in the lower rev range.. but the butt dyno isn\'t accurate.

Idle wise.. my gauge doesn\'t flicker as much. The rev gauge has and is always stable at around 800~850rpm.

Timmah']

[quote name='Rosssub said:

/quote]

Can\'t tell any power difference through out my daily driving with the occasional sprint. Maybe it\'s a little rev happy in the lower rev range.. but the butt dyno isn\'t accurate.

Idle wise.. my gauge doesn\'t flicker as much. The rev gauge has and is always stable at around 800~850rpm.

With only a bit of 95 going in, on an almost empty tank of 98. It probably ended up about 96.5-97ish?

Maybe worth an ECU Reset when the 95 is flushed through. The ECU/CPU can learn bad habits (timing/fueling), then not correct them. Reseting/Wiping Learnt Memory makes the ECU learn all over again.

Rosssub']

/quote]

With only a bit of 95 going in, on an almost empty tank of 98. It probably ended up about 96.5-97ish?

Maybe worth an ECU Reset when the 95 is flushed through. The ECU/CPU can learn bad habits (timing/fueling), then not correct them. Reseting/Wiping Learnt Memory makes the ECU learn all over again.

If the ECU is getting into bad habits it\'s getting the jam spoon!

Next tank I\'ll reset ECU though.

Timmah']

/quote]

If the ECU is getting into bad habits it\'s getting the jam spoon!

Next tank I\'ll reset ECU though.

:D

lachlan said:

i use mainly bp 98 but i deem the z 95 acceptable too/ bp is on the other side of town . based on nothing really.

car doesnt seem to give 2 fs either way really .

Maybe the Z95 is slightly closer to 97?

My car was always run on 96 by previous owner. I changed to 98 and reset, but didn\'t notice much change at all either.

Not sure about batch/Blend quality control or whether its just daily temperature variation, but I do notice varying performance when fuelling from the same BP station (98 ) on Memorial here in CHC. Then again, mine starts getting pingy when I\'m caught in traffic (Heatsoak and Jap tune) so ECU probably backflipping constantly lol

B4_685 via Tapatalk HD

Aurai said:

Does it matter if you "cheap out" on axle stands?

EG: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/jacks/auction-712165969.htm

Im presuming they will do the job just as well as stands that are nearer $100 with the same load rating?

I could understand not getting a cheap jack? <- does that really matter either?

They\'re pretty much the same as any Repco/Supercheap brochure item. I use pretty much the same thing but I don\'t trust them, ever. Always back up Rims or Stumps. You get what you pay for. Good for levelling etc, but don\'t put your life on them.

Cheap Jacks are Sh*t. Seals fail, wheels break, handles bend and Lugs break off. Also they\'re all high profile, so crap when it comes to lowered cars. I\'m after a decent Low Profile Floor Jack.

Rosssub']

[quote name='Aurai said:

Does it matter if you "cheap out" on axle stands?

EG: url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/jacks/auction-712165969.htm[/url]

Im presuming they will do the job just as well as stands that are nearer $100 with the same load rating?

I could understand not getting a cheap jack? <- does that really matter either?

They\'re pretty much the same as any Repco/Supercheap brochure item. I use pretty much the same thing but I don\'t trust them, ever. Always back up Rims or Stumps. You get what you pay for. Good for levelling etc, but don\'t put your life on them.

Cheap Jacks are Sh*t. Seals fail, wheels break, handles bend and Lugs break off. Also they\'re all high profile, so crap when it comes to lowered cars. I\'m after a decent Low Profile Floor Jack.

Yeah I would definatley get a low profile one. There are some.good looking ones on trademe for a couple hundred but idk if thet are any good or not.

I\'ve got that one. Have the matching 3 ton aluminium stands as well. I think I paid around 270 for both a few years ago.

Can\'t really fault the jack it\'s small, lightweight and works well. I still need to drive my car onto blocks to lift the front of it though. The jack has trouble clearing the lip because it doesn\'t have that much reach.

• Guest locked this topic