Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Timmah said:
One coolant cap on the top tank and another on the radiator itself? Look around for any leaks or splits. Especially on the side of the rad. Otherwise, get a pressure test done.

Suspension knocking could be that your sway bar bushes need a regrease or the struts themselves need a regrease.

Chur turns out it was the top tank of the radiator leaking :(

btw. im looking to get a new radiator cap. is there a certain pressure i should be looking at? or where i can get one from?

You guys are so helpful btw thanks for all the answers so far! :)

Is getting a lower arm bar all that beneficial or is just a strut brace enough

Hard to say how much is placebo effect, I still don't think upper braces do anything really noticable on a suby apart form give you something to lean on when working on it.

Least not in normal driving

But if you get it cheap then who cares

Edited by Marky

• Admin

Forum munched my reply, wtf.

I've only used genuine, they were about $45+ GST at trade. There's a couple of seals involved that you should do at the same time.

Keep in mind that if the hub is f*cked because it's taken so long for the stuffed bearing to become evident then it becomes a quite expensive exercise.

Marky said:
Find a VF26 instead, probably the same price and prob more capable

Just purchased a vf13 in good condition for $75 shipped. I'll see how that goes and keep an eye out for a 26 in the mean time.

boon said:
Forum munched my reply, wtf.

I've only used genuine, they were about $45+ GST at trade. There's a couple of seals involved that you should do at the same time.

Keep in mind that if the hub is f*cked because it's taken so long for the stuffed bearing to become evident then it becomes a quite expensive exercise.

How expensive an exercise are we talking??

Timmah said:
Before I sold my previous set of tail lights, I used a hair dryer to dry them out completely then I used some off the shelf silicone sealant and went over the areas that looked like where water would be getting through. It was a bit messy, but some fine grit sand paper + soapy water cleaned them up.

i got me some black silicone that is used for the windscreen from repco.. ive put them on the part where there are gaskets but there is still a bit going through. i will try again when it stops raining there are a few hard to reach places in there so i guess i will have to do some by hand lol

Why is it illegal to top people off

***CAUTION*** this question is rhetorical and asked purely out of frustration of dealing with complete f*cktards. Oh BTW I eagerly await your replies for pure entertainment purposes and make myself feel better about not blasting them @rseh0les to kingdome come...

Their is a law change being proposed that if you "Kill" your abuser you may only get charged with manslaughter ( a step in the right direction I should think)

SOOOOOO if these persons have "ABUSED" you then maybe you should kill them for being abusing

tydon said:
does anyone know if rocker covers are interchangeable say from a version 1/2 motor to a version 3/4. Only asking as my single bolt coils dont fit into double bolt coil holes

V1/V2 are single bolt aren't they? bc5/bf5 legacy are 2bolt, not sure if the covers interchange but remember the coil bolts to the head not the covers so there will be issues there.

They do share the same plugs so swapping out the coils is easy;)

tydon said:
ive got the igniter on coils from gtb and they dont fit propoerly and yeah i was hoping being able to change the rocker covers would let me fit these coils

You would prob have to tap and die the head thats if its possible. remember the coils bolt to the head not to the rocker cover so even if the rocker cover changed you still might not be able to bolt the coils on.

Finding good 2bolt coils is quite hard,..what about converting to wasted spark?

Dacca said:
I'm thinking of buying your trailing arms!

Got 16 watchers so i assume 15 other people are thinking to lol, surprised they haven't gone yet, im running 3 day auction and 350 reserve now to see if someone bites. When i installed mine i noticed the difference, glad there on there and wouldn't be without them, just got 1 set to many

slystiguy said:
Does anyone know if you can machine out a 90 degree td05 wrx turbo compressor inlet to accommodate an 18g wheel? Thinking I could use my 18g chra on a stock location ej20g with a little work around

An 18g is closer to a 20g than a 16g better off with a bigger cover but yes possible and prob cost a lazy hundy. Fred could do it.

• Guest locked this topic