Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

coolstibro said:
Hi, I was wondering if there is any difference in handling between a factory v7 Sti RA, v7 Sti Spec C and normal v7 Sti. I know the Sti Ra Spec C has the pink sti suspension but was wondering if it really had a massive advantage when compared to a normal sti.

Also was wanting to know peoples experiences when comparing the v7 Sti Ra Spec C to a normal v7 sti, are they really worlds apart in handling and power due to cams ?

Thanks

Vf30 vs vf34 too.

coolstibro said:
Hi, I was wondering if there is any difference in handling between a factory v7 Sti RA, v7 Sti Spec C and normal v7 Sti. I know the Sti Ra Spec C has the pink sti suspension but was wondering if it really had a massive advantage when compared to a normal sti.

Also was wanting to know peoples experiences when comparing the v7 Sti Ra Spec C to a normal v7 sti, are they really worlds apart in handling and power due to cams ?

Thanks

Depends on year..I wouldn't say they are worlds apart, the later v7 sti spec c got dccd 6 speed box which will make a great diffence in handling.. also the spec c of that year got plated rear diff, not sure about cams i've heard they are better on the later v7 spec c maybe better flowing heads aswell

• Admin
 Firenza said:
its a card reader for the the toll roads, usually accompanied by a little plastic square on the dash by the windscreen vents

Be thankful you dont have one that asks you in Japanese to insert a card every time you turn on the car!

ETC cardo kudasaiiiiiiiiiii!

Is there a big different when I get lightweight wheel? Just found a set that cost me about 1k for it but I'm wondering is it worth or should I save money for other mods? To be specific, the difference will be around 2 ~ 2.5kg

Whether you notice the difference or not depends on what you use the car for. Whether you should spend a thousand dollars on some wheels or some other 'modification' depends on what that modification might be and what you are trying to achieve =]

• Admin
 boyracer693 said:
Found a set of Tein Adjustables for a BG5 Legacy. WIll they fit a 02 GGA Wagon or will i need to change the top hats?

i've also heard you need to run camber plates to make them fit otherwise i would lose negative camber

If they're the same fitment as GF8 you'll have to change the rear top hats.

Since yours is a GG you won't have camber issues as the wagon has the same track width as GC/GF8.

boyracer693 said:
Found a set of Tein Adjustables for a BG5 Legacy. WIll they fit a 02 GGA Wagon or will i need to change the top hats?

i've also heard you need to run camber plates to make them fit otherwise i would lose negative camber

bg5 brake line mounts via c clip and your bolt on to the strut so theres one obvious difference and if they aren't ride height adjustable then chances are your car won't sit right on the road.. Secondhand shocks market is a dodgy one imo,

boon said:
If they're the same fitment as GF8 you'll have to change the rear top hats.

Since yours is a GG you won't have camber issues as the wagon has the same track width as GC/GF8.

So really all i would have to do is change the rear top hats and im good? Says that they are for a GF8 & a GC8 but to me that sounds confusing due to the fact that the wagon and sedan have different suspension properties

hijacka said:
bg5 brake line mounts via c clip and your bolt on to the strut so theres one obvious difference and if they aren't ride height adjustable then chances are your car won't sit right on the road.. Secondhand shocks market is a dodgy one imo,

They most definitely are ride height adjustable. Is there a way to attach the brake lines without a C clamp if i do decide to grab these?

• Guest locked this topic