Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

D1Style said:
Spot on there bro! Sakura is produced in Jakarta and as far as i'm aware, a few other manufacturers are as well.

At work I order thousands of filters from their Jakarta warehouse each month.

The filters are made to OEM spec and I've supplied them to all my friends and family over the years and have never had any issues.

Yep Sakura is their in house brand then they do a heap for Donaldson have done since late 1980s even bought into the company to the tune of almost 40%. They are a manufacturing plant who build a heap of genuines have pics at work from 8 years ago and also last year from the production and distribution lines. All run under adr group iirc. Bit fuzzy on the numbers but thats the basic history. Neil will know it all if you can put up with listening to him...

evowrx said:
Ryco are chinese made if you want to distinguish between brands. They are very like castrol. Very smart marketing in a world where perception is reality. Means you can charge more than anyone else and say its because your product is so much better.

It really doesnt matter whether they use steel end caps or ones made of sheep **** if it meets or exceeds the manufacturers spec its not any worse is it...

People get so hung up on genuine and fail to understand genuine parts arent always made by fhi. Chances are Sakura lads make their filters in jakarta along with a **** ton of other gen manufacturers.

Re read my post if that directed at mine! I never said ryco wasn't China made I said Repco use to use ryco filter but switched to a ''CHEAPER Chinese brand'' please correct me if I'm wrong lol

hijacka said:
Re read my post if that directed at mine! I never said ryco wasn't China made I said Repco use to use ryco filter but switched to a ''CHEAPER Chinese brand'' please correct me if I'm wrong lol

Nope didnt even see your post. Was a general statement not directed at anyone in particular. Repco sell a stack of filters silverline, repco (both made by Sakura), ryco, baldwin, donaldson and probably napa shortly. Oh and 8+ different oils. Dont ask the staff whats what they have no clue what the buyers are getting a backhand on next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • General Member

thats because we dont currently have any existing agreements with anyone and its been 'hidden' for now

other than SAS in the chch area, even that is in its own grey area till we finish sorting forums out & get a template for a actual advertising agreements set down

otherwise no commercial advertising is allowed

Links to your own business or plug a mate / your car club in your signature / avatar / DP (display Pic) is ok as long as its not OTT or illegal

Edited by Joker

• Admin

Anyone come across the secondary air pump block-off plates for sale here in NZ. Dabbling with the thought of giving it the toss but they're pretty damn expensive to source from the states. Could make a set but would kinda prefer something properly made for the job since they usually include the correct gaskets to go with them.

• Admin

Had come across the gaskets a little while ago but not the OEM plates. Thats a damn good find if they are available.

Slightly different numbers but should be the same.

A79CF727-5419-4D5E-9291-D64ADA90051E_zps

Edit: no luck from Partsouq, they recognise the part numbers but don't have any stock

Edited by Andy_Mac

• Admin

Didn't have much luck finding OEM ones elsewhere. Did come across the KS Tech plates which aren't all prettied up with fancy logo's and all that. They come to 75NZD shipped vs the cheapest other option was 115NZD shipped, both come with replacement gaskets so might just grab them rather than fluffing around finding OEM ones.

sweedazz101 said:
Peoples thoughts on AEM vs Walbro fuel pumps? Was going to grab a 500hp Walbro but was suggested this instead: http://www.driftsideracing.com/aem-electronics/performance-fuel-pump/aem-320-lph-intank-fuel-pump-600-700-hp-2-year-warranty.html - Apparently Possum performance use them, anyone had any experience with them? Cheers in advance!!

Here's some dyno figures comparing the two pumps, plus the Deatchworks DW200 and a few OEM Subaru pumps.

Part one, compares Genuine aftermarket to cheap knockoffs (incl Walbro 255lph):

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-fuel-pump-shootout/

Part two, compares a few aftermarket pumps against eachother (incl AEM/DW200/DW300):

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1405-fuel-pump-shootout-part-2/

Deatchworks DW200 (3 year warranty):

http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/fuel-system/fuel-pumps/deatschwerks/dw200-500hp-intank-pump-subaru.html

Walbro 255L:

http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/walbro-fuel-pumps/walbro-500hp-intank-pump.html

• Guest locked this topic