Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

pedro said:
Probably still got 100% markup @ $20 special price..

Used to buy Castrol 4 litres wholesale for less than $10..But had to buy 100 units..

Yea also 4l vs 5l to try and catch you out too. Sounds cheap pedro few years back?

B4 I was 250T said:
So with all this in mind evowrx what do you use if you don't mind me asking? If we really wish to care for engines?

Well im not the oils sales guy who deems every other brand **** so im not endorsing a brand.

Stick with a brand name like castrol, elf, total, mobil, caltex, eni/agip or valvoline. If youre deviating from that make sure you understand why its better than everything else rather than just reading "this is awesome very good oil" on the label.

Personally ive always used eni/agip now i use synforce. Purely because i know how and where its blended and ive seen the qc with my own eyes. Any oil company that can explain why their oil is better rather than saying just saying its better and trading off brand recognition wins points my eyes.

• Admin
 sweedazz101 said:
Whats the max boost that stock V5 STi injectors can handle? I'm getting a flashing CEL on 1 bar.. seems way too low to be running max duty.

Much more than that. I'm running 1.2 Bar.

Edited by Dairusire

Passtheacid said:
I still have a MAF & I am currently running a Atmospheric BOV, however no flams or overrun on decel, what's up with that?

Each engine/setup reacts to a venting valve slightly differently. Then all valves are slightly different too, diaphragm size/spring rate/port size/Vac hose sizes. So some venting BOV will dump more metered air than others.

Some people get flames and over run as you've mentioned, some get noticeable backfires on decell and some get nothing more than a drop in idle revs when the throttle first closes.

• Admin
 Passtheacid said:
So I've ordered my Power FC, I'll be getting a dyno tune to maximise the stock VF22 set up.

I will also get:

Walbro/Aeromotive/DW Fuel pump

Fuel Pressure Regu

Decap injectors

Anything else an obvious include before dyno?

Yeah, if you're doing the aftermarket fuel pressure reg, do the parallel fuel line setup.

Curious, what did the PFC set you back?

Had a quick search but does anyone know what the stock injector cc rating is for a 2007 subaru bl5? Just had mine cleaned as they were making the engine idle funny and they say they are flowing at 560cc. Which I don't know if that's good or bad?

• Admin

Same as mine. I'd read they were supposed to be somewhere between 520 and 565 depending on year but hard to be sure with models from other countries running different ones. Was talking to Evowrx about them a while back and he seemed to think blue sidefeeds were supposed to be more like 460ish

Andy_Mac said:
Same as mine. I'd read they were supposed to be somewhere between 520 and 565 depending on year but hard to be sure with models from other countries running different ones. Was talking to Evowrx about them a while back and he seemed to think blue sidefeeds were supposed to be more like 460ish

That guys an idiot. I honestly cant remember. That might be 100% d/c for 560cc. Who tested them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic