Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake upgrade - 2 pots or 4 pots?

I'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my TS-R so I can take it on to the track. It looks like I have two options - 2 pots with 294mm rotors from a GTB, or 4 pots. Either way I will be buying some decent pads and fluid, new rotors, and a brake booster from a turbo Subaru

Things to consider

- Getting 4 pots means that I'll need new wheels, and I like my wheels

- 2 pot calipers are much cheaper

- I want to do a turbo conversion at some stage

How much of a difference in power is there between the 2 pots and 4 pots? Which option is the best value for money?

Cheers

Sam

4-pots!

I was going to stick with my 277mm rotors + 2pots up fronts with mine..

but I acquired some 294mm rotors for a good price and was suggested to keep the rotors and upgrade to 4-pots..

best upgrade ever...

normal progression would be to try on better brake pads and fluid first and see how you go..

but with the opportunity, i was told to spend the money once and spend it well.. ;)

Timmah said:

100% sure 4-pots won't fit? Can stick your wheels on mine if you want to see.

But as everyone else said, go 4 pots, then you can buy better fluid, pads to compliment them :)

I haven't confirmed it myself but some other members have, they won't clear them without spacers apparently. Thanks for the offer though

Do you know if RDL have any more 4 pots for sale or did you get their only set?

Flat4']

[quote name='Timmah said:

100% sure 4-pots won't fit? Can stick your wheels on mine if you want to see.

But as everyone else said, go 4 pots, then you can buy better fluid, pads to compliment them :)

/quote]

I haven't confirmed it myself but some other members have, they won't clear them without spacers apparently. Thanks for the offer though

Do you know if RDL have any more 4 pots for sale or did you get their only set?

Absolutely no idea, might wanna email and ask.

nztintin said:

does it not already have 2 pots?

tintin. . There are two flavours of 2pots.. The smaller on 277 discs and came on ts-r and bg5a as well as others and then there are 2pots on 294mm discs. They came on the bg5b onwards gtbs and rsb's. Whether the 2 pot caliper is the same I am unsure of.

ahh i see, I'm a forester boy trying to learn wrx, legacys are still a mystery to me.

foresters run the smaller disc i think cause the 4 pots i got have a 294mm disc, i say run what you got with good pads and fluid, if you run out of brakes at the track then upgrade, no point changing something if you don't need to ???

• General Member

Flat4 he doesn't own larger wheels either....

economics always mostly never win over common sense to boyracers anyway :P

must have 4-pots

must have brembo's

must have 6 speed

must have speed-cut removed

must have......

(I do have speedcut removed)

JoKer said:

economics always mostly never win over common sense to boyracers anyway :P

Haha, shit, I'm gonna have to go get some chromies and a monster energy flat peak now

But seriously I couldn't care less about what the brakes look like, I'm not putting them on for show

• General Member
 JoKer said:

Flat4 he doesn't own larger wheels either....

YOU don't own wheels ah-ha sorry :P

2pots still work just fine on my GTB BUT if I had chance/want to go 4 pots I would do so too

except track life has ceased due to coming up 220,000 kms this year on oem motor

2 pots have proved well capable as Tintin mentioned hauling up and out braking many WRX's with good pads/fluid