Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BH5 Twin Turbo to Single Turbo document - Wiring modifications *All you need*

gazzy2000

Hey,

AS posted in my BH tt to ST thread:

Pretty much finished the "how-to" doc on the wiring requirements/modifications for the BH TT to ST conversion.

The main document is subject to change if required.

there are four main wiring modifications, this document covers them step by step with tips, tricks and how-to's

For the mechanical side of the conversion please see ReubenH's "The single Turbo thread"

Please note the wiring diagrams are listed separately on the file share site (links below)

Only the relevant sections from teh wiring diagrams have been extracted for your convenience , but all are refered to by the main conversion doc and are necccessary if you are following the instructions from the main conversion doc.

Main BH TT to ST Conversion doc + wiring diagrams in A4 & A3 sizes

http://cid-cfa30f34a9604d4a.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=CFA30F34A9604D4A!141

Comments welcome, enjoy! :D

Nup, links should be sweet using Windows Live Skydive

Just updated the Wiring PDFs, they are named and numbered accordinly on each page

I periodically change the Main Conversion doc upon being pulled up on grammer, rambling too much etc etc :D so watch for version numbers and feel free to comment.

I just got the reprographics lady here at work to print out the doco and make up a binded book with full colour and wiring diagrams attached ;D

Jimbob said:

hey anychance you have something similar for a bg5a?

yea, i cud sort of, i did my my bg5a ST conversion which has a 4 plug ECU, i just went off wiring diagrams.. so its more about having the right diagrams coupled with a whole heap of auto electrical intuition

I certainly dont have a step by step guide like the BH one, but i cud point you in the right direction

gazzy2000 said:

heres the BG5a thread that got me started, has link to a pdf comparing 4plug BG5 to 3plug wrx v3/4. (actually i think that PDF link may be stuffed, i have the PDF on my PC, will up load soon)

the ECU pins are real easy to get out on BGs compared to BH

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,10158.0.html

PDF for BG5a now uploaded http://cid-cfa30f34a9604d4a.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=CFA30F34A9604D4A!161

It compares BG5a 4 plug to WRX 3/4 3 plug, its bang on! the only thing thatt ppl seem to get caught on is the coil pack with ignitor wiring if using them (rather than teh stock TT coil over plug coil packs)

PLUS the earthing system... i had a full v3/4 loom and used the Earthing junction off that (located at teh ECU) then mirrirod the earthing wiirng from a v3/4 wiring diagram(includ running new earths) this mentioned on my BG TT to ST thread.

Will try n find the v3/4 wiring diagram too n gather more info and create a dedicated thread in the electrical section

cheers

cool man, yeah i got a ver 3/4 intake/waste spark setup too organise along with 6s ecu, i think all i need now is turbo, exhaust and afm (when i get money)

oh and to strip and measure up my block and see what i need

• 1 month later...

guy in japan from the NASIOC forums that used the doco PM'd me and says....

Originally Posted by surfskater2003

Hey Gazzy,

I just converted my BE5 to single turbo and I gotta say, it would have been WAAAAY harder for me to do without your instructions and diagrams. So I just wanted to say thanks a lot! I now may have the most baddass legacy on Okinawa Japan! It is now single turbo (VF28) with a DCCD 5 speed (from a v5 sti ra) a power fc, coilovers, push button start, extended E-brake (next to the steering wheel) and an intercooler sprayer. I still have some tuning to do but with luck and a little time, my car should be running gymkhana again soon. so once again, thanks for taking the time and making the effort to make the "how to" on the wiring part of the single turbo conversion. I will be posting videos and pics and stuff on youtube soon. If you want to check them out, search surfskater2003 on youtube. the videos that are up now are when my car was twin turbo. just look for any date after today.

-surfskater2003

• 4 weeks later...

those skydrive links to the TT to ST docos are flapping up and down like a a pair old saggy titties on a nude skydiver

Have had a couple of requests for the docos, will hopefully list them on a mates FTP server and edit/update the links in the first post of this thread

• 1 month later...
 Jimbob said:

just wondering on the bg5a it says there is an ignigter and i was wondering where its located?. just doing my wiring part of the conversion. might have me a ver2 sti longblock hehe

bg5a ignitor is located on the passenger side strut tower on the firewall side IIRC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey thanks for making this, I\'ve used it a couple of times now and it\'s really handy. Just one thing I\'ve noticed is that the pin you have suggested pulling out and re-using for the boost solenoid is actually a big pin when it is a small pin that you need... if I\'m reading it right :) . I\'ve used the pin 15 that is made redundant from coil control. Not a big deal but might be worth including in your next update? Correct me if I\'m wrong. Everything else is really ideal! Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...