Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Good STREET Brakes Pads, 2 pots to 4pots worst braking??

Whats a good street set? i have no intenion of going on the track

I had benix ultimates on my 2 pots now ive got 4 pots (unknown brake pads) and im pretty sure there worst lol

And another thing could be we bleeded the brakes and refilled using some shell brake fluid instead of the motal stuff i had before

I was sick of having to clean my mags all the time with the ultimates

Also anyone know is there a bedding in of the brake rotor?

pl0x said:

Whats a good street set? i have no intenion of going on the track

I had benix ultimates on my 2 pots now ive got 4 pots (unknown brake pads) and im pretty sure there worst lol

And another thing could be we bleeded the brakes and refilled using some shell brake fluid instead of the motal stuff i had before

I was sick of having to clean my mags all the time with the ultimate's

Also anyone know is there a bedding in of the brake rotor?

If in Auckland take it over to highbrook Auto in East Tamaki.. he'll sort it for ya.. ...

If you want do yourself.. there is no way you can no get by the cleaning rim phase if you have Bendix ultimate's pads installed.. it is the way they are.. and they are a primo brake pad.

BUT it don't wish to clean things to often.. try the bendix HD or better still TS2000 pads

as for fluid motul 5.1 is pretty dam good.. there is other brands.. which I believe others will mention soon.

That is true, but I found the last sticky thread had it all contained in one so made good reading and it's what helped me a) learn how to change my own pads but also b) come to the decision of what best pad to try out on the merits and personal experiences provided. :)

And like you say as long as the flammage is deleted, makes for good popcorn reading the debates/discussions on brake pad "a" vs brake pad "b". Or generally it's 90% of the time the ts2000 vs bendix ultimate question lol

How much you wanna spend.

I'm a big fan of the TS2000 (ferodo) so will recommend them, they don't do rears for the STi 2 Pots IIRC so i have mintex 1155's which have lasted close to 60k on them and only worn down about half way. I got 30k and 3 track days out of my TS2000's and they were toast at the end of the last one.

Bedding in for brake rotor was same as pads for the znoelli rotors i got.

Yer thats interesting - I have got some SP500 pads from the same place i got my Znollei rotors and have found them great..

But it comes down to trying something and having that experience to compare it to. I think i will be after the TS2000's next time to compare against what i already had..

Other wise how do you know how good good is? You need something to make it relative.

MAD said:

BUT it don't wish to clean things to often.. try the bendix HD or better still TS2000 pads

as for fluid motul 5.1 is pretty dam good.. there is other brands.. which I believe others will mention soon.

yea next time ill go for motul 5.1 fluid but i want some good cheap break pads i dont mind the cleaning of rims but i dont want the break pads wearing down to fast

I dont intend going to track so i really want them and rotors to last as long as possible but with decent braking lol

also how long is bedding in and what do you do to bed in? bacisly just not ram your brakes on to hard

I found the ultimates wore down faster then the ts2000's, so its kind of a catch 22 in that regards.

But then again it's up to how hard u brake and also a good run in can change all that. Whilst with the ts2000's I usually would get a years worth of driving plus 3 or so trackdays mixed in out of em.

• 2 months later...
 funkytown said:

Yer thats interesting - I have got some SP500 pads from the same place i got my Znollei rotors and have found them great..

But it comes down to trying something and having that experience to compare it to. I think i will be after the TS2000's next time to compare against what i already had..

Other wise how do you know how good good is? You need something to make it relative.

Has anyone else used the Znoelli SP500 pads? Would be great to hear some more feedback on them. :)

ask my flat mate.. lol just went for a tickle up the mount vic hill climb, it smell like #2's in the car (lol) but he rates them to save his life with the spirited driving up there ;) if your wellies based im happy to take you for a tickle some time