Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

is it a significant upgrade ??

Pappu1

going from a vf22 to a td05-20g ... is it a significant difference ???

assuming both setups are tuned within reason (ie not pushed all the way)

is it worth the hassle ?

PS. not worried abt increased lag etc - just possible top end and how atainable it will be..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSR "branded"

simons a very worked td05 and by no means comparable to stock td05 18/20g fwiw

this is a standard td05 20g afaik

i wud be uncer the impression that a td05 20g is way bigger than a vf22 in terms of flow.....???

lol i could be wrong as not too experienced in the cfm etc

I would also buy something with a better brand rather than DSR. I'm sure this has been covered many times, pappu, you're not exactly a noob around here.

I think turbo's are one item where you get what you pay for.

Qwerty had a turbo for sale recently, it might still be available.

dsrs new range of turbos seem to be very trusty . seen how many drift cars run the new dsr3540j..allot. and they handle the bashing they get fine. if that's how good the 20g is then i would want one. but if you have dsr on face book its quite weird. they Are selling cometic gaskets and they think they Are cosmetic ? and when i was like its cometic they were like its cosmetic. ? Wtf ? also they call their new chra the char? do they just buy the turbo and put their label on ?

pappu said:

going from a vf22 to a td05-20g ... is it a significant difference ???

assuming both setups are tuned within reason (ie not pushed all the way)

is it worth the hassle ?

PS. not worried abt increased lag etc - just possible top end and how atainable it will be..

You might get 10% more you might get less. Depends on the car.

Upto u on the hassle stakes.

They are not bad on the bang for dollars ratio. Many people get variable results with them tho

nt_a_foz said:

Dont buy cheap chinese rubbish youl be complaining when it s***s its pants and goes through your engine wont yah ;)

damm thats the biggest worry...

wish i knew more ppl who have used dsr turbos lol...

lol i wouldnt ever buy one onf those turbo's iv heard the seals in them are crap and give way after so many km's(probly just get past warrenty)

go genuine man.get a garret or something,

pappu']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

Dont buy cheap chinese rubbish youl be complaining when it s***s its pants and goes through your engine wont yah ;)

/quote]

damm thats the biggest worry...

wish i knew more ppl who have used dsr turbos lol...

theres certainly more than enough evidence around of people who have run them and had them shit themselves more or less straight away or not long there after....

Pappu youve been around long enough to know this and no doubt seen the effects of using shit cheap parts on performance cars ?

I've talked to heaps of d1nz drivers using dsr3540j and they swear by them that the gen 2 turbos are better than previously used master power turbos which aren't cheap ! the dsr 20g is a gen 2 turbo . the gen 1 dsr turbos are just the same as every other Chinese turbo . gen 2 isn't though. i definitely want to try the dsr 20g.

• Admin

Personally I wouldn't bother going to all the work of pulling the VF22 just to go to a TD05. May as well go the whole hog and twist, or pay some extra cash and get a factory fitment Garrett.

WRXONP said:

I've talked to heaps of d1nz drivers using dsr3540j and they swear by them that the gen 2 turbos are better than previously used master power turbos which aren't cheap ! the dsr 20g is a gen 2 turbo . the gen 1 dsr turbos are just the same as every other Chinese turbo . gen 2 isn't though. i definitely want to try the dsr 20g.

that sounds promising..

not just saying cos i looked into getting one but as a performance upgrade as a general

its good to see that dsr have lifted their game and if they have indeed made better units then hopefully ppl do give it good rep..(if it deserves)

im not out to bash a brand or anything but certainly be good to support them if they have been thru the effort of upgrading their offerings.. :)

yea lol and don't you think that the cars that are pushed to the limit the hardest is drift cars ? on full boost before the corner . through the corner and down the straight . . . .running Dsr turbo all season long bashing the limiter . gaz whiter runs Dsr 3540j and he won d1nz this year