Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Removal of spoiler..

Hey all i've recently removed the spoiler from my wrx as they just look way more Gangsta without spoilers, but im now faced with the dilema of my holes rusting and i have'nt been able to find plugs as yet for the holes..

Whats the best way to now get rid of the rust and where could i find the plugs for the holes that the spoiler sat in?..

there is no best way.. in the past i've cut circles out of the supercheapauto coloured racing tape, that works for awhile

ok well the 'best' way is to have the holes welded up, resurfaced and painted :D

or find a spoiler-less boot and use that

sorry i havnt answered the rust question. probably a lot of hard work ;p a painter might have some advice

Repco, Supercheap or The Warehouse sells bungs that you can put in the holes thats where I got mine. Not ideal but the little black bungs don't stand out much at all. Rust removoal, usually the spray stuff with one of the wire brushes helps remove it, but its only a quick fix really as ul will have that problem constantly.

Ideally u want to eventually get them welded over and a respray as the bungs aren't water tight and ul eventually get a lil rust round the holes. By a little I mean over 3 years of having the bungs in, it has now only recently just showed sign of rust. But I've now had it welded and resprayed since.

If you use nutech or metaltech bog then it should cover the holes nicely, it is made with fibreglass and aluminium, and designed to cover holes up to 50mm, so it'll stretch a ffair way, then just smooth it off nice and grab some touch up paint.... what spoiler where? this car didn't come with one ;)

cost me $200 to get holes welded smoother and repainted and looks awesome. havent put a new high stop light on yet, and havent got in trouble for it yet wen gettin pulled up for driving thru an orange, at a deserted intersection, at 1am...

but piont is get holes filled properly as soon as you can

I put bungs in mine then used a water seal to temporarily stop water from coming in, im getting my car repainted and need some minor dents taken out so im getting it all done at the same time - but i went to repco for my bungs and they came out and made sure I got the right sizes as for a pack of 4-6 cost $8-$12 and even then it doesnt do all the holes because the high stop light hole is slighter larger from the wiring

RAYDEO said:

seams a whole lot easier to leave the spoiler on there to me... :P

Thanks for your input.

I've used wood bungs superglued inplace, no problem there, and they came out easy enough when needed.

I tried quite a bit to get my spoiler off and ended up giving up/

Wow there's soo many ways to get this sorted, Wrx's look sooo much better withoutb them soo it is worth the hassle, the Welding up of the holes seems like a really good idea, and if it's around $200 it seems fairly reasonable for something i really need doing, where could i get that done though, i had to put my spoiler back in for a W.O.F becasue exactly for the taillight reason, so i'll get that sorted eventually, just really wana stop the rust and get these holes welded now.. :)

For the high stoplight you can get them from supercheap, about $25 and they just wire into ur other brake light wiring, and stick to the screen with double sided mounting tape....

Um... probably easisest way would be to find your brake light bulb (left or right, doesn't matter) and see if its got wires coming off it, otherwise.... i wouldn't know :-\ lol sorry to be so unhelpful